Hummy with PC Monitor

Parce

Okay, so I was wondering if it would be possible to hook up my Hummy to my PC monitor. The monitor I have is an LG with a native resolution of 1680x1050, however it only has a DVI and VGA port on the back. I use the DVI port with my PC, so I plan, if possible, to link the Hummy to the VGA port.

I looked around for cables but after reading a few reviews, decided I probably ought to find something a bit more permanent, and found this. It looks like it ought to do the job, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a set up similar to this.

The box I linked to has a headphone socket. That was one of my issues with the cables though, a number of them don't accommodate for sound.

VGA is analogue, so I wouldn't bother down converting from hdmi. Might as well convert from scart for a quid

http://r.ebay.com/iOSIDW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at that one, but I wasn't sure about sound, as it would generally be taken through the scart too but VGA doesn't, unless they only have the scart transferring video (if that is possible)

An acquaintance uses this converter from kenable from his HDMI laptop to VGA screen. It appears to cope well with automatically taking care of the aspect ratio of the screen from the 16:9 of the HDMI to the monitor, but I can't remember the precise details from when I checked it out. It has 3.5mm audio socket.
http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=6403

You can get similar for £9 but the reviews are not quite as good as kenable's £20.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Standard-Mo...ree-Raspberry/dp/B0088K7QVA/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Kenable sell through Amazon as well as their own web site. I usually read the reviews on Amazon and then end up buying the same product directly from kenable.

Last edited:
I looked at that one, but I wasn't sure about sound, as it would generally be taken through the scart too but VGA doesn't, unless they only have the scart transferring video (if that is possible)
There is audio in the SCART although it won't be connected to the VGA connector, there are phono left and right audio sockets on the back of the Humax that would need connecting to audio phono inputs

Good news!

With a bit of reshuffling and the discovery of a DVI/HDMI adapter, I have managed to sort it so that my PC now goes through the VGA port and the Hummy can go through the DVI. Only downside is that I have to use 720p rather than 1080...can't complain though. Now just going to use a cable to sort out the sound from the phonos.

I missed this thread yesterday (too much else going on), so hope it wasn't an expensive converter.
I too use an LG monitor with my HDR-T2, but it was chosen to have HDMI, DVI, and VGA inputs.
I have driven the connection via a converter HDMI to DVI.
I have, in another context, used HDMI to VGA (only about £8 from CPC, but some variations don't work and I haven't happened on one which both does audio split-out and will work) at higher than 720p

I missed this thread yesterday (too much else going on), so hope it wasn't an expensive converter.
I too use an LG monitor with my HDR-T2, but it was chosen to have HDMI, DVI, and VGA inputs.
I have driven the connection via a converter HDMI to DVI.
I have, in another context, used HDMI to VGA (only about £8 from CPC, but some variations don't work and I haven't happened on one which both does audio split-out and will work) at higher than 720p

Already had the converter lying around not being used, so it was no cost at all, which made it easier to connect it through the DVI.

Back