Hummypkg Remote Scheduling Problems

Andybrody

Hi there
I've had this message from the R/S everyday now for weeks

Device: HDR-Fox T2 (HumaxLounge - 00:03:78:bb:1a:6a)
At least one failed recording has been detected in your
media library. The following recording(s) failed:

/Coronation Street_20181123_1931
/EastEnders_20190108_1930
/New_ I'm a Celebrity___Get Me____20181209_2101
/New_ Sheridan Smith_ Coming Home_20181104_2134

I've hunted and hunted for broken/missing files but can not find them anywhere
Can anyone advise what I can do its starting to clog up my emails.
Thanks
Andy

I've tried to log in to Remote Scheduling, I have three Humax HDR Fox T2 boxes set up on the service and cannot move between the other two boxes, it just keeps prompting to log in and showing garbish

Are there any known issues with Remote Scheduling

Are there any known issues with Remote Scheduling
It's working for me. Check your cookies.

Message #4 was entered at midnight, not noon, surely it should be 00:00 AM
That is a matter of opinion, and your opinion is out of step with convention. Conventional usage says 12pm at midday, and 12am at midnight, I guess because 0pm and 0am looks very odd. 00.00 only exists in the 24h clock.

There is a section for Site/Forum Issues. I'm glad you are not my filing clerk!

Last edited:
Conventional usage says 12pm at midday, and 12am at midnight
So by your by your convention 9am is three hours before midnight

If you represent time as shown on the 24hr system, 1am follows midnight, so 1am is one hour after 12am by your convention

Then back the to am/pm system, if we look at noon we would get 10am, 11am, 12pm, then 1pm and 2pm, or as it should be written 10am, 11am, noon, then 1pm and 2pm,

On a 24hr clock, we would get 10:00, 11:00 12:00, 13:00 and 14:00

At the other end of the day, 22:00, 23:00, 00:00, 01:00 and 02:00

I would not want to be your filing clerk

Sorry, did one bit of filing for you, I found this which seems to explain the correct convention https://writingexplained.org/noon-am-or-pm

That is a matter of opinion, and your opinion is out of step with convention. Conventional usage says 12pm at midday, and 12am at midnight,
I rare support of BH's theory, well, almost anyway. I found this which sums it up nicely
If midnight were 12 PM, then the minute before 1 AM would be 12:59 PM, which wouldn't make sense. The words come from Latin, but you can remember PM with an English mnemonic as "post-midday" -- anything after noon is post-midday, including 12:00:01 and 12:59 (one minute before 1 PM).

Except. 12:00 (am or pm) cannot exist. 12 o'clock midday (noon) cannot by definition be either before noon or after noon. Same applies to midnight. So 12:00am and 12:00pm logically make absolutely no sense what so ever.

But rarely, if ever used. it tends to be 23:59 or 00:01 to remove a possibility of 'day' confusion. (00:00, is that Tuesday or Wednesday?)
00:00 is perfectly well defined and not liable to cause confusion. It is the use of 'midnight' which does.
Even for months with leap seconds the time goes 23:59:59 (prev. day), 23:59:60 (prev. day)., 00:00:00 (next day).

BBC scheduling timings used to have an internal convention where hours extended beyond 24 as necessary (when there was a closedown and ‘pages from Ceefax’ overnight before the days of 24 hour broadcasting), making it unambiguous which programme followed which. For example, for a Monday ‘programme day’, if there was a 1hr 35m late film that started after midnight (so technically on the Tuesday), its start would be down on the paperwork as (say) 24:20, finishing at 25:55.

I would agree that Midnight and Noon should not really be designated either AM or PM, however if you have to choose one of them then there is a good reason that 12 Noon is PM and 12 Midnight is AM, it is because even though 1 second (or part of a second) in the hour may be disputed the remaining 3599 second in that hour are not disputed, 12 Midnight + 1 to 3599 seconds are all 12:xx:xx AM, the same is true of Midday, so I would say 12 AM (midnight) is at least 99.972% correct

Yeeeeaaahhh. Pretty much like wot BH and I sed above.
Or like Spike Milligan once said (as Bluebottle) and I paraphrase. His broken watch is dead accurate twice a day.

Back