I cannot see Samba on my network

I have samba installed on my hdr fox t2 but cannot see it with my Windows 7 work network. What do I need to do to get at it. I can see the fox with the remote epg software etc but would like to try samba. It says its up and running in services. 1.02.29 installed.
But if i plug in an old xp laptop in i can see samba. Very puzzled, this new fangled software, anyone any ideas???

Dave

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
You say "work network". Chances are the security policies have been set up not to allow access to non-work devices.

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have samba installed on my hdr fox t2 but cannot see it with my Windows 7 work network. What do I need to do to get at it. I can see the fox with the remote epg software etc but would like to try samba. It says its up and running in services. 1.02.29 installed.
But if i plug in an old xp laptop in i can see samba. Very puzzled, this new fangled software, anyone any ideas???
You may need to open some ports in the Windows 7 firewall. I had problems accessing Samba shares when I first set up my Windows 7 notebook a couple of years ago and I think the firewall was the issue. You could quickly see if it is the issue by temporarily disabling the Firewall.