I did know, but have now forgotten ??

timmy_toad

Help please someone, I have revisited the Portal again after a long absence, I cannot remember the web address for the Humax through my Router ?
please can someone help :)

tim

I recorded a tv program onto my Hummy hard drive, I got it onto a memory stick (Fat32) I loaded it onto my LapTop it isn't recognised by my Video Convertor software.
I then ran the TV Portal and played the same tv program using BBC iPlayer so that I can again try to get it onto a memory stick. using the custom software that I have used before with great success
I have NOW found that I do not know the Web Address of my Router so that I can Save the "last played file" to my LapTop !!

Please can someone please help with the relevant web address ?

Tim

I think you need to clarify a few things here.
What do you mean by "save the last played file to my laptop"?
The Custom Firmware saves last played iPlayer file to its own disk (or attached drive I think), not an external IP address. You may then wish to transfer it to your laptop.
It's not clear what IP address you are looking for but I don't think it is the router.
How are you planning to achieve the file transfer (USB, FTP, samba, DLNA, ...).
If you are planning on using your laptop to pull the file from the hummy then you need the Hummy IP address, on the hummy select menu/setting/system/internet settings.

When you tried to copy the file using USB was the recording StdDef or HiDef. The latter won't decrypt unless you have taken specific CF actions befor copying.

ok HarveyB, thanks for your response I havent been any help to you have I eh, I panicked a little didnt I eh.
All I wanted to do was to get Sundays F1 grand prix onto a DVD for a friend who had somehow not recorded it.
I have now found that I have some software (iSkySoft iMedia Converter) on my (apple) lap top that can download Video's direct from the BBC iPlayer web site, although it has come out as 720*480 which doesnt give me very good quality at all, but it is better than nowt.
Now to try and answer your many questions, which of course make a lot of sense.
I shall try fill in a few gaps as follows. I selected TV Portal on my remote selected bbc iplayer and selected and played the Grand Prix as shown on Sunday, I had already connected my Router to my Humax.
While it was Playing, is was then that I hunted everywhere I could think of to find the web address I needed to type into my Browser, because I do seem to remember, that it is through my Browser via my Router that I can get access to my Hummys hard drive where it has stored the Last Played bbc iplayer file onto my hummys hard drive, where, again I seem to remember, that I can then save it to a Fat32 memory stick for converting to a DVD Video disc using software I have on my Lap Tops hard drive.
I have done this already, many times last year, I am dammed annoyed with my myself that I am unable to remember how to EXACTLY to do it !

Perhaps all is solved, NOW that I have seen in your very helpful reply, you tell me "how to find the IP address I need" thanks.

Of course now the problem is how to get full use of the TV again, Coronation Street is in full flow at the moment LOL

Tim

Thanks "prpr" how do I find Artful Owl please

Am I being a little slow here ?, but is Artful Owl by any chance summat to do with Captain Beaky ??

ROFL

Tim

What do you mean by "save the last played file to my laptop"?

It's a custom firmware thing.
  • You type the HDR-FOX T2's IP address into your laptop's browser;
  • It responds by displaying the webif for your customised HDR-FOX t2;
  • Within the webif you click on 'Browse (Media Files)';
  • You click on the big button that is marked something like 'Download last played iPlayer/Youtube file'

Thanks Luke I knew that, but, to me, the statements used by the OP seemed to suggest that he wanted to save the "buffer" directly to a laptop ...

I have NOW found that I do not know the Web Address of my Router so that I can Save the "last played file" to my LapTop !!

Perhaps I misinterpreted his words but anyway problem sorted now.

Thanks Luke, for being so polite, this post has definitely got worse from my very vague input LOL.

I have solved it now, I somehow managed to Save the Last Played BBC iPlayer file to the Humax HDD and then I copied it to a USB stick and now I hope to have a high resolution Copy MP4 file to convert a DVD Video

Thank you all for helping

tim

There are easier ways to go about this.

If you want the downloaded .mp4 file to end up on a UPD, you can go through all the contortions of finding it through network file access, but actually all you needed to do was save it off to a named file using the WebIF media browser "save last streamed" tool (bottom of the screen - scroll down if necessary), and then it would be available to the standard Humax Media menus to copy to UPD.

The only gap in your knowledge then is to access the WebIF - see Configuring IP Address (click).

If you actually want the .mp4 to end up on your PC for further manipulation, then after saving it through the WebIF it is a simple matter to then download it to the PC through the WebIF OPT+ button.

Back