I have a Humax 1800T is it possible to save content to external hard drive?

rexmundi

Can I store content from the 1800S through USB? if so how ? I thought of getting a Humax1100S as it can be used with external hard drive set up, but if I can store whats already on my 1800T I can delete content ( creating space) and keep using it, saving myself money.

Please keep answer fairly simple as I am mature and not tech savvy at all. Thank you.

Yes. All you need to do is connect suitable storage to the USB port - either a UPD (USB stick) or a USB hard drive* - and then use the menus to copy recordings to it. Anything stored on the drive can then be played back by selecting "USB" from the storage options on the media menu. All this is explained in your user manual.

Once you are sure the recording has been copied properly, the original can be deleted.

If for any reason your USB storage won't work, it is probably because of formatting. You will find an option to format the USB device on the data storage menus, but note that if you do it will erase anything already on the storage device.

* The amount of storage available on a UPD is very limited, you should probably be looking at a USB hard drive of 500GB or more. Drives described as "portable" do not require any power connection other than the USB port itself.

One thing you need to be aware of though. StdDef programmes saved to a USB drive are decrypted - meaning that you can play them almost anywhere. HiDef programmes saved without doing anything else will only be playable by the original 1800T. If you want to save HiDef programmes for viewing on another device at some point, take a look at Raydon's Foxy (https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxy...-utility-for-the-hdr-fox-t2-now-released.240/). Although it is intended for the FOX-T2 it does work on 1800T/2000T boxes.

...which does not alter that the recordings can be played directly from the USB drive through the original 1800T, which I understood to be the OP's requirement.
Please keep answer fairly simple as I am mature and not tech savvy at all.

Humax1100S
Please be aware that Humax boxes with an "S" suffix are for satellite dishes. "T" stands for terrestrial, ie Freeview TV broadcasting. It is important you are accurate about this, so we are sure what you are talking about.

which does not alter that the recordings can be played directly from the USB drive through the original 1800T, which I understood to be the OP's requirement.
HiDef programmes saved without doing anything else will only be playable by the original 1800T
Future proofing. If the OP migrates to another system, the question will arise: "why can't I play the programmes I saved on a USB drive?". FOXY them first and there will be no problem. I take the point about not being "tech savvy".

Back