I really wonder how long you can make the most tediously dull thread title in the whole of the internet, or even just this little bit that is hummy.tv

It's a bit early for the pantomime thread (although somebody did mention the C word at work yesterday :eek:).

Surely it would depend on how "long" is defined.
One hundred and fifty characters is the limit on the number of characters but in terms of physical length not all 150 character titles are equal when the font is not fixed width.

Last edited:
That rather depends on the context!
If that was a reply to the C word...
The only context where using the C word is acceptable is when describing the current foreign secretary in his previous job as Hulture secretary - and then only if you work for the BBC. Having said that, many in the NHS would call him that anyway. In my day we used to use Gareth (as in New Avengers and dodgy hand movements in a coffee advert) as rhyming slang. Now it's Jeremy.

If that was a reply to the C word...
The only context where using the C word is acceptable is when describing the current foreign secretary in his previous job as Hulture secretary - and then only if you work for the BBC. Having said that, many in the NHS would call him that anyway. In my day we used to use Gareth (as in New Avengers and dodgy hand movements in a coffee advert) as rhyming slang. Now it's Jeremy.
Can't agree, there are reasonable contexts, but I do accept it can't be used even in a reasonable context because of PC hysteria.

Back