Imported files from Foxsat don't play.

Trev

The Dumb One
Is convertfiles relevant then GLT? I don't have it installed.

I have several recordings originally made on my Foxsat that don't play on my T2. I originally just imported the TS, but it seems that the ones that don't play are either HD or SD (so not just one or the other). Some have this HTM was created using sidecar utility by raydon. Some have thumbnails and others dont, Some have DEC and others don't. There seems to be no pattern. One starts to play and then locks up the T2 after a couple of mins. Perhaps it's time for me to have a cull.
Anyone any ideas?

I'll be trying the imports from my 9200 soon.

Thinking about it most of my streamed recordings from the Foxsat were played back by my HDR1000S. The ones that are decyrypted obviously won't play. Perhaps we should record a few of the same content and compare notes on files modified by convertfiles. I can check playback on my HDR1000S and a HDR-FOX-T2. I never record SD so no idea if convertfiles is required for SD, however before convertfiles the only way to play back HD with an AD mp2 track was to copy it to a PC and strip out the AD track. HD files after convertfiles playback the correct ac3 audio main audio track.

Perhaps we should record a few of the same content and compare notes on files modified by convertfiles.
Can't do that easily as my Foxsat has been 'de-commissioned'. I suppose I could get it back into service, but I am not really interested enough. Just why some of the copied files work and some don't with no apparent rhyme or reason. Will do a bit more checking and look for some correlation tomorrow.

Further to my 'no play' problem, I deleted the associated sidecar files from the errant .ts and they now all play. HD & SD. They have now all got an associated .hmi file. Just trying to generate an .htm on one to see what happens.

Generated an htm for one of them (why on earth did I chose the biggest file to do that on?:() but HWMBO has commandeered the TV to watch Jeremy, so I will have to leave testing until later. But it seems that it was the sidecar files that were screwing things up.

Last edited:
Right then. The two files which I HMT'd work OK. Now what I need to do is to run the package on all the files in my Inported/Foxsat folder (and sub folders) to create them. Can some expert give me a clue as to how to do this please? Sweeper rules? Or something else?

Further to my 'no play' problem, I deleted the associated sidecar files from the errant .ts and they now all play. HD & SD. They have now all got an associated .hmi file. Just trying to generate an .htm on one to see what happens.

Generated an htm for one of them (why on earth did I chose the biggest file to do that on?:() but HWMBO has commandeered the TV to watch Jeremy, so I will have to leave testing until later. But it seems that it was the sidecar files that were screwing things up.

Known issue the incompatible .nts and .hmt confuse the box. That's why I suggested deleting them or just renaming them so they don't match the .ts. You could do this using batch file renaming software or even Windows Explorer (search for all *.nts and press delete repeat for *.htm)

https://www.howtogeek.com/111859/ho...s-in-windows-4-ways-to-rename-multiple-files/

I have already deleted all the sidecar files and all of them (those I have tested) play OK.
What I am after is an automated method of regenerating the files using the T2 'sidecar files' utility.

Yes. I looked for help on that but there doesn't seem to be anything about it in the WiKi. Unless I missed the obvious.

I tried and failed. Thanks for the pointer. I was hoping to find some info in the wiki along with the info on most of the other packages.

THIS is where I looked and it isn't in the list. And that's what your link points to.

OK. Thanks for that, but it still doesn't cover the fact that it's not in the list where I would have been expecting to find it with possibly a handy link to where you have found.

Agreed - unfortunately the index takes a lot of maintenance! It's also not really about the CF - the wiki is for that, and I don't take responsibility for it (but it has the same problem).

I recommend a master list of packages with a brief summary and a link back to the relevant forum thread (as a minimum).

Like as in the Web I/F package list?
Well, there is a thumbnail sketch of what it does in the WI that says "Wrapper script around ffmpeg and Raydon's sidecar to convert 9200T/9150T/9300T files to HDR format. This includes ffmpeg v2.5.3." But trying to find anything more is a nightmare.

Nice one, ta. You might add that the commands mentioned need to be run from a Telnet connection Ezra.

Back