In WebIf display the amount of time left for the PVR to go to sleep.

BennyBoy

Example scenario:
You press the "Sleep" button on your remote (physically or via WebIf) to set your Hummy to go to sleep in 1 hour's time.

Query:
Is it possible to display the "Sleep" time left somewhere on WebIf (if it has not been done so already) ?
The "Idle time" is visible, but not sure about the "Sleep" time.

What sleep button??

If you have Menu >> Settings >> System >> Power Management >> Automatic Power Down = On, the HD- or HDR-FOX will go into standby after 3 hours of idle (no control interaction via handset, front panel buttons, or CF virtual remote control). The reported idle time provides a prediction of how long you have left - when it reaches 3 hours, expect it to power down (unless you have Automatic Power Down = Off).

There is no function to delay turn-off; when you press the power button it either comes out of standby or goes into standby immediately (a bit of housekeeping notwithstanding). See Things Every... (click) sections 18 & 7.

Last edited:
No, nor I. I had to get out the RCH to check.
No previous mentions shows that it is a really popular subject.:frantic:
But, as the OP indicates, it would be more useful than the Idle Time readout that I have never understood what that is for.:disagree:

But, as the OP indicates, it would be more useful than the Idle Time readout that I have never understood what that is for.:disagree:
Not at all useful if you never use the sleep function! At least the idle time tells you, remotely, how long it will be before you have to take action not to lose the WebIF (assuming you have automatic shutdown turned on).

Not at all useful if you never use the sleep function! At least the idle time tells you, remotely, how long it will be before you have to take action not to lose the WebIF (assuming you have automatic shutdown turned on).
You could also say that the idle time is also not at all useful if the sleep button has been used, or could have been used.
The idle time only lets you know the maximum time you have left. If someone has used the sleep button then to have an idea of how long you have left you need to know that they have used the sleep button, when they used it and how long they set it for.

I find the sleep function useful when I've finished watching TV but the work queue is not empty yet and I want to leave the HDR-FOX T2 to get on with processing it before switching off.

Thank you all for your replies. Yes I was referring to the Sleep button on the remote control (which is also on the virtual one too which you can program a macro to).
I have the "power down after 3hrs" option switched on in the settings, but I sometimes set the hummy to sleep (power down) after 60 or 90 minutes as I know that the stuff it has in its queue will take less than an hour to complete.
Just me being particular in trying to save energy I guess. I like the idea of the box not being fully on for 2 hours doing nothing once all the jobs have completed, (unless I'm missing something here). Thus if I come back to Web-If during that time, I can see the true time left before losing connectivity to Web-If.

Black Hole - I go back on this original query. I think the "Idle" monitor on the top left is ample. The only way to invoke "Sleep" is by pressing a button the remote (be it physical or through the soft remote on WebIf). This will always reset the Idle time to Zero, thus it will always count up until auto power-down "3h 00m" or however long I set the "Sleep" for.

Black Hole - I go back on this original query. I think the "Idle" monitor on the top left is ample. The only way to invoke "Sleep" is by pressing a button the remote (be it physical or through the soft remote on WebIf). This will always reset the Idle time to Zero, thus it will always count up until auto power-down "3h 00m" or however long I set the "Sleep" for.
That presumes that you don't use the remote again after you have set the sleep interval.

That presumes that you don't use the remote again after you have set the sleep interval.
TRUE! So ..... I guess...... it would be a "nice to have" to show the Sleep Counter. Not sure if this is available under Diagnostics somewhere. Can't quite recall exactly where but you can see all the config settings for the Humax in a kind of raw format. Not sure you could see the counter though.

Back