Incomplete Schedule Restore

MymsMan

Ad detector
Yesterday, for reasons unknown, the Humax forced me to do a complete 'Factory Default' installation, with channel rescan and losing all settings and schedule information.
Custom firmware and Webif were fine and didn't require re-installation.

When I restored my schedule from the backup future events were restored correctly but all 'past' events have disappeared.

I am not worried about the truly expired events but I have lost many of my daily series recording that had already past for the day when I did the restore, I have also lost the entries for F1 which are not currently in the EPG.

My memory may well be faulty but I am fairly sure that when in the past I have needed to restore from a backup it has restored all events - I don't remember losing series before

Has something changed?

Example of the restore output (this was repeated for each missing program)
Code:
Restoring Countdown (Channel 4)
Service number has changed 262241 -> 262243, fixing.
AUL Channel 4 (262241 -> 262243)
Error inserting event, Event has finished.

The same thing happened to me yesterday. The first time I've experienced the random factory reset in a long time.

I noticed that Victoria didn't get re-added to the schedule due to the same error. The series has finished though so I didn't think any more of it. It looks like some of the recent changes to support RTS have made schedule restore less effective, I'll look into it!

The following patch is required - I'll push out an update tonight. Sorry about that!

Code:
Index: rsv.class
===================================================================
--- rsv.class   (revision 3318)
+++ rsv.class   (working copy)
@@ -359,7 +359,7 @@
        set now [clock seconds]

# In-progress check
-       if {$nsttime - $ulPreOffset <= $now} {
+       if {!$force && $nsttime - $ulPreOffset <= $now} {
                # Start time in the past
                if {$nsttime + $nduration + $ulPostOffset >= $now} {
                        # Still showing

Working much better now!

Testing reminds me that although the alert message says:
Are you sure you wish to erase all scheduled recordings and favourite channels and then restore them from
backup-2016-Oct-15-11:37?
Restore does not erase all scheduled recording and will create duplicate entries if you don't manually empty the schedule first.

It would be nice if restore included an already scheduled duplicate check and only restored the entries that are missing from the current schedule

Back