Incorrect Guidance Text

mole_hill

Hi all. Does anyone else experience guidance text for a recording that is completely wrong?

For example I have recently recorded two kids films "Babe" (about a talking pig) and "Nanny McPhee". The Guidance Text for these is "Contains acts of violence, strong language and scenes of a sexual nature" and "Contains violent acts, strong language and distressing scenes" respectively.

I assume this is not a Humax issue but a Broadcaster one?

Anyway as this is wrong I have tried to use the WebIf > Opt+ > Rename to alter / remove the guidance text but it doesn't appears to work as the guidance text just stays as it is.

Am I doing something wrong or is that functionality not available?

Thanks

I have noticed similar instances of guidance text, and have just tried the rename option in webif, and got the same results myself. The Media Details pop-up does show a "New Guidance" Flag, so perhaps the box needs to be rebooted in order to make the change, af123 should be able to give the definitive answer.

Edit: I have just tried a reboot, and there was no change.

Maybe it only works if you also alter the title? Just a suggestion.

Yes, the guidance is frequently inappropriate.

I have just tried again, and changed the guidance text to "None", this has worked. Simply deleting the text and updating does not seem to work, perhaps the text box does need some content in order to work.

Edit: I have tried again with a "." and that has worked. af123, Does the feature need amending so that it will work properly even with an empty text box?

I have just tried again, and changed the guidance text to "None", this has worked. Simply deleting the text and updating does not seem to work, perhaps the text box does need some content in order to work.

Edit: I have tried again with a "." and that has worked. af123, Does the feature need amending so that it will work properly even with an empty text box?

Thanks. I'd tried the reboot and putting a space " " to give the text field a value but that didn't work. I've tried the "None" and that works fine thank-you. As you say it would be nice to have an empty text box or even remove the Guidance "G" but the replacement text is a good step forward. Thanks.

Yes, it should take an empty box as a cue to remove the guidance flag entirely (which can already be done from the command line). I'll add it in.

Thanks, will that also remove the G icon from the recording details on the Humax, and the webif media details?

Back