Infrared receiver area

AlanB

Where on the front panel of the T2000 is the area that picks up the signals from the remote control? I have a wireless link and I need to stick a transparent transmitter over this area so that the remote control can be used over the wireless link. The manuals never tell you where this area is on the front panel. I've tried it in various positions without success so far.

Which box are you referring to? The T2000 is a YouView box, and has its own forum. You have posted in the 2000T forum. It would help if you could confirm which box you have.

Which box are you referring to? The T2000 is a YouView box, and has its own forum. You have posted in the 2000T forum. It would help if you could confirm which box you have.

Sorry, you're right. My box is a HDR 2000T. I misremembered and missed this subtle distinction.

Meanwhile, I've solved my problem. The best place to stick my wireless link transmitter was at the bottom of the metal strip dead centre. I assume it must transmit downwards towards the plastic area below.

The "metal strip" is only a surface finish on the plastic face plate. It's probably transparent to IR.

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the exact same issue. I know where the ir sensor is but it doesn't seem to matter where I place the ir emitters, nothing works.

The magic-eye/ir emitters worked well with my old Freesat box, and still do, but dont seem to like the Humax at all.

Back