Install Full Web Interface Problem

It is very unlikely that the Non Custom Version of 1.03.06 from the Wiki will show any differences to the 1.03.06 version that was supplied with your Humax

I see. It came over a bit odd, since 1.03.06 (or whatever) is never a CF designation so effectively there are no non-custom standard firmwares as there are no custom standard firmwares, if you see what I mean. Maybe it should be the "unofficial 1.03.06"?

I think to call the extracted 1.03.06 unofficial is misleading, it is the extracted official version. There is no evidence (as far as I am aware) that it performs or displays itself to the user, any differently to the factory installed version. On the WiKi it is the release of this version that is described as 'not official'

I agree it shows no apparent difference from a factory installed 1.03.06, but we cannot assume the .hdf it is identical at the bit level to a Humax-originated 1.03.06 .hdf. It may, therefore, still be possible to detect (by some means) that the Flash content of a HDR-FOX overwritten by the unofficial 1.03.06 has indeed been overwritten.

That's all I meant, just the final dotting of i's and crossing of t's.

If you are not able to Telnet, I would suggest you that you download and install the non Custom Firmware version of 1.03.06 (From HERE). That should get you back to the non CFW state, (check by Custom FW 2.20 not shown in front panel), Then re-install the CFW 1.03.06 / 2.20 on top of it

Hi Ezra,
I managed to get rid of the Custom FW 2.20 from the front panel so I would assume that my HDR is back to what it was, the reason that I had no download appear the first time was because I had not renamed the file as HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf

Jimpy : I managed to get rid of the Custom FW 2.20 from the front panel . . .
It's safe to assume that your Humax is now running the extracted official Humax 1.03.06 which is effectively the same code your Humax was supplied with, this means that Web-If and all other CFW functions will not be available, however some files from the CFW installation will still be present (but not working) on your hard disk. I'm not sure if you intend to leave the Humax in it's present state or re-try the 1.03.06/CFW 2.20 again, but as the old CFW files are still present you may hit the same problem again, this is the point that xyz321 is making in #13
EDIT
You may be able to clear out the of CFW file using the USB loaded Reset-Webif utility, but I would wait for af123 to comment first, to see if it is suitable

It's safe to assume that your Humax is now running the extracted official Humax 1.03.06 which is effectively the same code your Humax was supplied with, this means that Web-If and all other CFW functions will not be available, however some files from the CFW installation will still be present (but not working) on your hard disk. I'm not sure if you intend to leave the Humax in it's present state or re-try the 1.03.06/CFW 2.20 again, but as the old CFW files are still present you may hit the same problem again, this is the point that xyz321 is making in #13
EDIT
You may be able to clear out the of CFW file using the USB loaded Reset-Webif utility, but I would wait for af123 to comment first, to see if it is suitable

Thanks Ezra for your comments.

we cannot assume the .hdf it is identical at the bit level to a Humax-originated 1.03.06 .hdf.
It won't be but the extracted root filesystem will be identical. It's a squashfs archive that was read straight out of flash. The official Humax hdf would include the kernel and Sky player so will be bigger.

Did Jimpy ever report what the Settings>System>Internet Setting>Configure LAN setting said from the Menu screen which is the address IP he should have been typing in ?. You would have to be on the same network as well not connected up another like Fon by accident etc.

I enjoyed the digression mind you, so Humax ship it with the Sky Player.

They are definitely different; the files are different sizes.

In case anyone does have an official 1.03.06 hdf to inspect, the checksums for the various components within the file can be seen with the humidify tool.

Code:
% humidify -t -s HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.06/HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf
HDF Tool v1.0.3, by af123, 2011.

Opening HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.06/HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf, 22176529 bytes.

Blocks:     684
  Model:      4
  System ID:  80bc.7e00

x  1.hdfbin-1-000000.raw
Checksum OK
         074f8a93e598b82be92e882c7f648508b7e00b1156570212472564525a8bdf7d
(20402176 bytes)
x  2.hdfbin-1-1e00000.raw
Checksum OK
         3ec99d9c4acbb8c544566c53477b462843a5f23ac65d5b3bc64bbfc8b6a398e1
(1915193 bytes)

The root filesystem is the first section (1-000000 as the address).

Back