Installation option grayed out

AlanB

I'd like to do a manual retune on my Hummy, but the installation option (along with several other options) is grayed out in the menu. The manual just says I'll be challenged for my password, but says nothing about these options being grayed out or how to ungray them.

I have the packages disable-dso and disable-ota installed to prevent automatic retuning. Could these be the cause of the graying? If so, do I have to uninstall them temporarily to allow retuning, or is there another package that will allow over-riding the graying?

The HDR-FOX T2 does not permit tuning while it is recording. The first thing to do when the tuning and other recording disruptive options is greyed out is to check whether or not the HDR-FOX T2 is currently recording.

The HDR-FOX T2 does not permit tuning while it is recording. The first thing to do when the tuning and other recording disruptive options is greyed out is to check whether or not the HDR-FOX T2 is currently recording.

No, the hummy has not been recording on either of the occasions I tried to manually retune, so unfortunately that's not the cause, but thanks for the suggestion.

No, the hummy has not been recording on either of the occasions I tried to manually retune, so unfortunately that's not the cause, but thanks for the suggestion.

You can't retune either if the box is within 15 minutes of a accurate recording. During this period the box is looking for the recording start signal.

You can't retune either if the box is within 15 minutes of a accurate recording. During this period the box is looking for the recording start signal.

No recordings are due until late afternoon, so that's not the problem either, but thanks for the info.

I have the packages disable-dso and disable-ota installed to prevent automatic retuning. Could these be the cause of the graying?
No.

Your system seems to be in a weird state. Do a cold boot (just kill it at the switch, it won't hurt).

No.

Your system seems to be in a weird state. Do a cold boot (just kill it at the switch, it won't hurt).

That did it! Of course, the traditional IT Crowd advice. I should have thought of that myself. I was just assuming (wrongly) that there was some principled reason for the strange behaviour. :)

I was just assuming (wrongly) that there was some principled reason for the strange behaviour. :)
Principled? :roflmao:
One of ours has just today done a 'self reset to defaults' for no apparent reason - the one next to it hasn't (yet) - so nothing should be a surprise with them :eek:

Back