Installing custom firmware with no remote

Calum

Hi

Further to my previous posting (Prospective new user of HD + HDR Fox T2, 10 November), I've now bought an HDR Fox T2 from eBay. Unfortunately, it arrived without the remote (the seller is sending it on to me).

My question: can I proceed with installing the custom firmware without a remote?
My understanding is that, if I use custom firmware version 3, then the version of the standard firmware which is currently installed on my box doesn't matter - is that correct? So that would allow me to proceed?
If I am able to install the custom firmware, then will that enable me to tune the HDR and set recordings etc? Would I be able to record BBC iPlayer programmes without the remote?

Thanks again
Calum

My question: can I proceed with installing the custom firmware without a remote?
Yes.
My understanding is that, if I use custom firmware version 3, then the version of the standard firmware which is currently installed on my box doesn't matter - is that correct?
Yes. The latest roll-out of custom firmware (3.00) includes the base Humax firmware, so by choosing the required CF 3.00+whatever, you get the "whatever" installed for you at the same time. 1.03.12 is the latest, and is essential for iPlayer access, but comes with various problems including slow EPG and faulty Audio Description. See Things Every... (click) section 1 for details.
If I am able to install the custom firmware, then will that enable me to tune the HDR and set recordings etc? Would I be able to record BBC iPlayer programmes without the remote?
Well now...

My first reaction was "no", but there is a CF package which sets up a virtual remote control which provides a remote control via web browser. Check out ir.

However: I seriously recommend you be patient and sit on your hands. Give the new HDR a full shake-down before you install CF - you can't exactly claim it was faulty on arrival if the only way you could discover that is through custom firmware and the vanilla Humax firmware was fine. What's so desperate about another couple of days?

See HERE (click).

Last edited:
Back