Installing Custom Firmware

I am not managing to install the custom firmware. I have downloaded the file. I have not renamed it as it appears to have the right name already. I have placed this on a usb drive (this is on an iMac) and, when I introduce this to the Humax, it asks me what sort of files I want to display. It does not begin the installation process. I tried it on another drive, which I formatted first, and the Humax sees nothing.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

The installation guide in post 2 of the Quick Start Guide (click) explains all. The download file is a zip which contains a specific .hdf file, which must be unzipped to your UPD. If this is not what you are seeing, you have downloaded the wrong thing.

By the way, this is the non-customised section of the forum.

If you have the correct file on he USB stick, and you say you have, put the HDR in standby and wait for the disc to stop. Turn the power off either by unplugging it or using the switch at the back. When off, insert the USB stick and power the unit back on. The file should now load.

Ha. It seems so. That is what happens when I try and multi task!

Thanks for pointing it out, I shall edit the rascal.

iOS auto correction strikes again. No excuse, I should have read it over before posting.

If you have the correct file on he USB stick, and you say you have, put the HDR in standby and wait for the disc to stop. Turn the power off either by unplugging it or using the switch at the back. When off, insert the USB stick and power the unit back on. The file should now load.
I don't need to cold boot to flash an HDR-FOX - do you? A normal reboot is enough for me.

Now you mention it, it is just something that I have always done, right from the 'off'. I must have read it somewhere, but I have slept a few times since then. Next time, I will try a normal reboot.

Still, no harm done.

It was advocated for the HD-FOX, but I'm not sure it's essential even for that (hold the button in while booting).

Back