Quick question.
I'm finally (!!!!) getting round to installing the custom firmware on my Foxsat.
Have done that.
To install
Nowster's Patch (settop-patch_4.0.9utc_mips.opk)
and
telnet_1.0_mips.opk
Can I do these in the same way as the custom firmware?
Anyway of knowing if they have installed, without using the web interface (have not yet connected my foxsat to my network) 'cause just sticking the usb drive in, does not seem to have done anything regarding the .opk files..........
Is there anything I have to do when setting a recording to get it to be decoded? Or is it automatic?
(My TV aerials seem to have died and I can't get them fixed til the weekend, so am hoping to start using my foxsat to record programmes again this week, assuming they will be de-coded)
Other question, once Nowster is up and running, I can just copy the ts files via usb to a portable hard drive, like I used to do?
Will get it connected to my network in same way as my T2 - wifi. Just need to a USB extender cable.
Ta for your help.
I'm finally (!!!!) getting round to installing the custom firmware on my Foxsat.
Have done that.
To install
Nowster's Patch (settop-patch_4.0.9utc_mips.opk)
and
telnet_1.0_mips.opk
Can I do these in the same way as the custom firmware?
Anyway of knowing if they have installed, without using the web interface (have not yet connected my foxsat to my network) 'cause just sticking the usb drive in, does not seem to have done anything regarding the .opk files..........
Is there anything I have to do when setting a recording to get it to be decoded? Or is it automatic?
(My TV aerials seem to have died and I can't get them fixed til the weekend, so am hoping to start using my foxsat to record programmes again this week, assuming they will be de-coded)
Other question, once Nowster is up and running, I can just copy the ts files via usb to a portable hard drive, like I used to do?
Will get it connected to my network in same way as my T2 - wifi. Just need to a USB extender cable.
Ta for your help.