Installing the custom software

Jad22

Hi, just a quick question please ref HDR Fox T2, I'm intending to install the customer software today and just wondered if when you do this you lose the existing recording schedule. If so is there an easy way to save this or is it a matter of re-enter. Thanks.

Sorry I meant install customised firmware. Do I lose the scheduled recordings?
Regards

I already answered that one and the other one that you asked. But just for luck. No. As you posted in the Customised Firmware thread, that is what I understood that you wanted to do.

Sorry I meant install customised firmware. Do I lose the scheduled recordings?
You do not lose the recording schedule when you install the custom firmware. Only when you have it installed do you have a means of saving or restoring the schedule.

Many thanks for the replies and answers to my questions. I'm off to make this happen!

Good luck Jad, but remember that the first USB stick that you try may not work. It seems that the Hummy is picky and seems to prefer fairly low capacity sticks better than high capacity ones. Some people have had to try several different sticks before they have found one that the Hummy likes.

Hi again, this is great, wife's out and I'm spending time messing with Humax. Just can't get enough! Well, I did it, all installed and working. The install had a slight pause for about 3mins at 91% but it eventually loaded, my stick is 16GB and was empty. Everything else downloaded with no issues. I just need to figure out what software to download besides the standard. Are there any links or documents that I can read that helps me figure out what I need.

Have you tried the documentation within the CF once you have the web interface working?

It seems that the Hummy is picky and seems to prefer fairly low capacity sticks better than high capacity ones.
I suspect that that preference being influenced by larger drives with people being put off by doing a full format due to the time it takes and eventually opting for the quick format instead.

A couple of days ago I used 2 USB3 128GB flash drives and a USB2 1TB HDD to update HDR-FOX T2 software with no issues with any of them.

Edit: Corrected. The flash drives are USB3 not USB2 as originally posted.

Last edited:
So much for that theory then.
So what is the difference between a quick format and a long format? And why should it make a difference?

So what is the difference between a quick format and a long format?
The former just reinitialises the filesystem. The latter blanks out all the data on the disk as well.
And why should it make a difference?
It doesn't. People who say otherwise don't know what they're talking about.

Got me thinking so as Google is my friend as MS knows everything;
MS for XP said:
When you choose to run a regular format on a volume, files are removed from the volume that you are formatting and the hard disk is scanned for bad sectors. The scan for bad sectors is responsible for the majority of the time that it takes to format a volume.

If you choose the Quick format option, format removes files from the partition, but does not scan the disk for bad sectors. Only use this option if your hard disk has been previously formatted and you are sure that your hard disk is not damaged.
So no difference UNLESS the disc has bad sectors.

Back