Interference from Panasonic plasma TVs / Child lock

Cletheroe

Hi - I see some similar issues on here but not quite the same as I'm having...

My Humax T2 is changing channel, sometimes volume and sometimes standby on its own - it's not any kind of IR interference - I've tried lots of things to eliminate that possibility, shielding the unit etc. What I think is happening is interference/radiation of some sort from my 2013 Panasonic plasma TV fooling the touch-sensitive buttons into thinking they have been pressed (support appeared to agree, but to date have given no fix). When in the TV unit it's close enough to have intermittent problems, sometimes changing infrequently and sometimes many times in a few minutes... it's been fine when placed a little further (on the floor) for a few months, but a bit fed up with it being untidy.

Do any of the firmware options allow the front button to be disabled? In the absence of a child-lock option, has anyone disconnected the front panel buttons successfully? Tempted to try opening it up but don't want to render my unit useless!

Just a thought, the front panel carries out a few different functions, it obviously contains the touch-sensitive buttons you want to disable and the front display, but it also contains the 'always on timer' that wakes up the unit for recording from standby. So you wouldn't be able to disconnect the whole panel

Just a thought, the front panel carries out a few different functions, it obviously contains the touch-sensitive buttons you want to disable and the front display, but it also contains the 'always on timer' that wakes up the unit for recording from standby. So you wouldn't be able to disconnect the whole panel

Thanks - yes definitely, don't want to lose the front display either so hoping I can disconnect just the 5 buttons if there isn't a software solution... not been inside to see what's possible yet.

I'll see what happens with the TV off - expect it will stay on channel though. Like I say, haven't had issues with it around 50cm further from the plasma display so I can't see it being a straightforward hardware fault per se... I could leave it sat on the floor indefinitely with no unexpected volume, channel, or standby events. Just trying to get things tidier and it somewhat negates the point in having a TV bench to keep things tidy if the PVR can't go in it :)

It had been working at a similar distance to a Panasonic plasma previously with no issues (albeit with the PVR above rather than below the screen), but that was a circa-2010 model TV; guessing something in their latest plasma range or 3D models is making interference?

Back