Intermittent Pushmail Problem

Peso

Hello everyone,

I am seeking some advice as I’ve hit my knowledge ceiling.
I have three HDRs, which send me a Pushmail each everyday. One morning two weeks ago they stopped.
I had made no changes. But got saw this on the log.
ssmtp: Cannot open smtp-mail.outlook.com:587

I have tried re-entering the email address details. Tried an alternative smtp for Microsoft of smtp.office365.com.

No matter what I do the same behaviour follows. Some mornings some boxes manage to send to email while others not. On two days everyone emailed me as usual. The next day no one.
From the settings menu where you put in the smtp details you can send a test email. Also here sometimes it goes, sometimes not, on all boxes. When it fails to go the Webif-error log gives the same error as above, just a bit longer
Runtime Error: /opt/webif/plugin/ssmtpmail/sendtestmail.jim:54: ssmtp: Cannot open smtp-mail.outlook.com:587

Can anyone speculate what’s going on?

Thank you for reading this.

"Cannot open" covers a multiple of things and is pretty much useless as error messages go.
It could be DNS problems, server problems, or connectivity problems to one (or more) of the many servers hiding behind that address.
Or it could be something wrong with your device, local network or ISP connection of course.
It might also be the time of the month/phase of the moon.

Saw this which concerns 3rd party mail client access to outlook- the reported timescales don't match and it doesn't imply intermittent problems but maybe attempts to fix the outlook IMAP are causing collateral.

I'd try setting up an account on a different provider - gmail or something and reconfiguring the HDR.

Thank you Dino for the thought.
I agree trying a none MS email address will be a good next step.

Dino was probably right.
Hadn’t got round to trying a new email, but for the last 5 days all Pushmail from my three HDRs have been sent with out issues.

Back