Internal HDD failing, use external instead?

sphexx

The internal HDD on my HDR FOX T2 is failing. I am running the custom firmware. I have tried fixdisk (twice) and reformatted twice and once with gptf). It currently works and will record and play back. I have an external HDD attached which it sees and plays from but will not record to. I suspect it will record to it if I re-format it in the HDR (it was formatted by an HD FOX T2) because that is offered if I try to select it for storage in settings.
So ... my question is will the HDR function with an external hard drive only or does it require the presence of a functioning internal drive?

Thanks BH. I had just found that was probably the case as I have just formatted the external drive using the HDRFOX T2 and found I cannot select it for recording.

Thanks, but I've already copied them to the aforementioned external drive - there weren't very many and this is a new (to me) HDR. I guess the failing hard drive is why it was on eBay, that and the fact that the remote has some non-functioning buttons. I have several other remotes that work so that's not a problem. I don't have much of a case against the eBay seller as the hard drive is working but shows up as failing via the web interface and custom firmware.

Back