International users thread

Cyberjack

Hi Folks!

I just bought a T2 (via Amazon UK) for use in Austria. Currently there are only DVB-T2 test transmissions in Vienna, but a rollout is expected later this year in the rest of the country. As this HD mux is meant to be encrypted the T2 is here ready for that with its CI+ Slot.

Currently I'm receiving DVB-T programs from Austria, Switzerland and Germany as I live near Lake Constanze. Installation was no problem, first scan on first boot, all channels were found.

It's possible to switch the country to Austria in the hidden menu, which gives following possibilities:

- Scan is also made on VHF (channels 5-12). Not important here, as DVB-T is running only on UHF, but in Germany or other countries (Italy) DVB-T is also broadcasted in the VHF band.

- Time Zone is switchable to GMT+1

- Diacritic signs like ä, ö, ü and ß are shown correctly both in EPG and channel naming

- LCN is ignored, so all found channels are sorted by number beginning with "1" and no 8XX channels, even with foreign (Gemany, Switzerland) channels/muxes.

- One glitch is that the EPG isn't buffered, so if you switch to another channel from a different mux all EPG data is lost.

- Obviously the user interface is only English, Welsh and Gaelic, so no Germany, Italian or French (yuk). But no problem here ;)

- And wall outlet adaptor is needed, as the T2 comes with a fixed cord with UK plug on it. But I had some at home, as I visit UK regularly.

I might update this thread if I encounter problems, but for now I will install the custom firmware in the evening. Maybe there are questions from other interested people who want to use the T2 in their country.

M.

How do you get to the hidden menu? I used to live in the UK and have moved to Australia. I've downloaded the similar model firmware of the device here in Australia, but it's not recognizing the update on this box. If I can change it to Germany, then I can get channels on it here. Either way, the box is pretty much a brick except being able to stream media files from an external drive I have...

How do you get to the hidden menu? I used to live in the UK and have moved to Australia. I've downloaded the similar model firmware of the device here in Australia, but it's not recognizing the update on this box. If I can change it to Germany, then I can get channels on it here. Either way, the box is pretty much a brick except being able to stream media files from an external drive I have...
Check out THIS thread.

Sean, did you get it going in Australia? I am in the same boat myself?

Hi Folks!

I just bought a T2 (via Amazon UK) for use in Austria. Currently there are only DVB-T2 test transmissions in Vienna, but a rollout is expected later this year in the rest of the country. As this HD mux is meant to be encrypted the T2 is here ready for that with its CI+ Slot.

Currently I'm receiving DVB-T programs from Austria, Switzerland and Germany as I live near Lake Constanze. Installation was no problem, first scan on first boot, all channels were found.

It's possible to switch the country to Austria in the hidden menu, which gives following possibilities:

- Scan is also made on VHF (channels 5-12). Not important here, as DVB-T is running only on UHF, but in Germany or other countries (Italy) DVB-T is also broadcasted in the VHF band.

- Time Zone is switchable to GMT+1

- Diacritic signs like ä, ö, ü and ß are shown correctly both in EPG and channel naming

- LCN is ignored, so all found channels are sorted by number beginning with "1" and no 8XX channels, even with foreign (Gemany, Switzerland) channels/muxes.

- One glitch is that the EPG isn't buffered, so if you switch to another channel from a different mux all EPG data is lost.

- Obviously the user interface is only English, Welsh and Gaelic, so no Germany, Italian or French (yuk). But no problem here ;)

- And wall outlet adaptor is needed, as the T2 comes with a fixed cord with UK plug on it. But I had some at home, as I visit UK regularly.

I might update this thread if I encounter problems, but for now I will install the custom firmware in the evening. Maybe there are questions from other interested people who want to use the T2 in their country.

M.

Hi

I have just moved to Australia, can't get a single channel! Changed. My country to Australia, not sure what to set the service provider to so chose none. Tried Germany also, still nothing. My TV works fine so its to a cable antennae problem. Any advice?

Back