Internet Connection Error

Border

This is strange! I was not trying to connect to the internet.
I was viewing a non free view channel on the humax HDR 1.03xx and I pressed the coloured buttons on the remote and got a screen saying 'loading'....this text was in yellow on a blacked out screen.. I then got the following picture

IMG_20140801_003324.JPG

I thought it was the TV or random presses of the remote but on non free view channels the remote combination

red green yellow blue yellow green red green

Repeatedly led to this screen. The same happens on 1.02.32 cf3.0

What is the box doing, or where is it trying to connect to????

I tried the same combination on multiple freeview channels but got no response (could I check network activity ).

I even unplugged the router and then got a cable error :

2014-08-01-410.jpg

I assume I am getting these error messages because I am watching non free view channels when I press this sequence of buttons but I wonder what is happening when watching free view and I press this combination. Is the box trying to connect somewhere???

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you were watching a "non free view channel", what were you watching?

This happens watching RTE1 /RTE2 on Saorview.

After I posted I found out it only happens when watching live broadcast (I.e pause and chase play doesn't bring up theses messages).

Is there a log in the cf that records where the box is trying to connect to?

I guess this is the same kind of thing that makes RT crash and IPTV not work (used to crash on old firmware).

While playing with the "red green yellow blue yellow green red green" sequence, I got a pop-up box saying 'Trailer List' (this was while watching a freeview channel) , foolishly I didn't photograph it and now can't replicate this, I will keep trying

I tried this on BBC1 on pressing red the text service popped up before I got any further. I suppose I should have expected this during News program.
Continuing sequence had no effect.
On BBC1HD sequence had no effect.

I have managed to reproduce the 'Trailer List', I'm still not sure exactly when it is possible to make this work, but my guess is you need to enter "red green yellow blue yellow green red green" while a trailer reminder is actually being transmitted (or maybe 'Book Me'), this one was on Channel 4 while a trailer for a new programme on E4 was being transmitted :-

trailer-list.JPG

I have managed to reproduce the 'Trailer List', ]

I got a trailer list on E4 but during the trailer it had a green book me option in the top right of the screen. This is different in that,to progress the options are exit and you can't pause live TV. When I got the above error messages I was able to pause live TV (and the message dissapeared).

Yes, the 'Book Me' and 'Red Button' icons only appear when watching live TV, if you pause then play (chase play) they are not displayed

I think I know what is going on!

The whole sequence isn't required just the end green red green buttons. Apparently last year there was a pilot of rteplayer on these channels requiring this key press sequence.

This may or may not be still working and may filter out non Irish IP addresses.

It only works when viewing live TV broadcasts.

So the humax not only looks for single press prompts from the broadcast signal (e.g. green button 'book me' or yellow button 'cancel this message re....games') but also for combination button presses e.g. green red green.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the humax HDR thread not the cf one?

I guess this is the same kind of thing that makes RT crash and IPTV not work (used to crash on old firmware).
Maybe the next time some one has the RT crash they could see if it happens only when watching live broadcast and not on 'chase play'? If it was only happening viewing live broadcasts then it may indicate a problem with how the box handles these features.

I think I know what is going on!

The whole sequence isn't required just the end green red green buttons. Apparently last year there was a pilot of rteplayer on these channels requiring this key press sequence.

This may or may not be still working and may filter out non Irish IP addresses.

It only works when viewing live TV broadcasts.

So the humax not only looks for single press prompts from the broadcast signal (e.g. green button 'book me' or yellow button 'cancel this message re....games') but also for combination button presses e.g. green red green.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the humax HDR thread not the cf one?

Sorry but rte player would not be on rt. Completely different channel and owner. The mheg of each channel handles the red/green/yellow/blue buttons apart from the green book me code.

There is system detection in mheg code that can tell if it is allowed to run or not. That's why the iptv channels don't load - that and the fact it's not currently supported. Same deal with RT. The code will not be running, as they have blacklisted it because it requires iptv streaming so it's not causing the crashing. It's just coincidence until someone proves otherwise.

Sorry but rte player would not be on rt.
Chris, sorry about that. You are correct RTE and RT are completely different and on different country signals. When I started the thread I didn't realise that this applied to a specific channel and to the Humax but not necessarily freeview!

You have said you can't reproduce the RT problem but others have commented that it happens after a period of about 50 seconds and some of the IPTV stuff I read suggest they put in adds for 40s or 50s. I am the first to admit that I know nothing about any of this but I thought firstly the message I got said the connection could take 40s.

I never said RTE was on RT. I just suggested the next time someone had crashes on RT that maybe seeing if it only happened watching RT live as opposed to chase play RT.

Sorry, hadn't read the entire thread. Your issue on rte comes direct from rte itself. They set their own mheg code so that button combo will cause that screen to pop up.
Why is up to rte. possible it's for the testing you mentioned.

Incidentally, the trailer list is normal behavior if you press the green book me button.
It's only supported by BBC and ch4 channels though.

But I still think it is interesting that a channels mheg code can get the box to connect to, or try to connect to a website with a few key presses of the remote. :sleep:

I wouldn't say interesting. If it worked or ran something maybe.. It looks like just an entry point for testers to me. You are only ever going to find it by mashing all the colored buttons.. And you won't be doing that all the time will you

Incidentally, the trailer list is normal behavior if you press the green book me button. It's only supported by BBC and ch4 channels though.
Ah, I've never accepted a 'Green Book Me' offer, so the Trailer list is quite normal. I'll give just Green a try next time a 'Book Me' turns up

Back