Internet connection failed

Whilst updating the custom firmware of one of my HDR boxes, the internet connection failed and now can not be reconnected. I have tried using manual and dhcp, but cannot get it working :-(
Now neither box can connect but they can see each other.
Any helpful suggestions? I have already power cycled the boxes and modem.

Yes, when using the options Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network
Incidentally, brilliant forum etc. have been using tips for ages etc.

Have you tried rebooting your router? As both boxes can see each other on the network it it probably the router's WAN connection that has dropped.

One HDR connected via homeplug, one connected by Ethernet cable. I have rebooted the router a few times.
Currently the HDRs can not see each other. Previously they could :-(

Trying to connect using dhcp fails
Using following says that connected (cannot remember exact message) but can not access TV portal or webif
Configure IP Manual
IP Address 192.168.1.1xx
Netmask 255.255.255.0
Gateway address 192.168.1.1
DNS address 192.168.1.1

It could, if the one HDR was conflicting with the other. Problems like this often boil down to the modem/router, but I would start by taking the HomePlugs off line and debugging the Ethernet-connected box on its own (I have seen HomePlug do weird things to a network when it goes wrong).

I have four HomePlugs (connected to modem/router, x-box, HDR and a PC) I assume you mean to take all of them off line (sorry if stating the obvious).
Unfortunately, I am not back at home until Tuesday evening, so will not be able to try it out until then.
Do appreciate the suggestions/help.

Previously connected via DHCP, do not respond to pings
I would be fairly confident the problem is with your network not the Humax. If necessary temporarily move the Humax(s) so that you can connect via a network cable to prove this to yourself.

Hi, I have just turned off all of the homeplugs, disconnected all but the HDR from the modem/router and turned off it's wifi.
Still unable to connect to the internet :-(

What happens if you set Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN >> Configure IP = DHCP and click "Apply"?

Well then, it can't contact the router for whatever reason - no live connection.

The next thing to do is link the HDR directly to your PC and see if you can a) ping it from the PC, and b) connect to the WebIF. You will need to assign a manual IP config to the HDR that suits the config of the PC (open a command window and type "ipconfig" to see what's what).

Back