Internet Connection to HDR not Working

4ndy

This morning I am not able to connect to box via Webif or access Internet from the box.

Internet setup says it is connected (static IP address). I have also tried resetting the router, resetting the home plugs and re-routing the working connection from the Youview box. All with no success.

Before noticing the problem, I moved (via the remote) several folders into a folder set to autoshrink, so the box seems busy with a fair amount of disk noise. Could it be too busy to connect?

Any ideas what I should try next?

After more than an hour it has come back! It may be something I did earlier, but my best hypothesis is that webif was keeping the box too busy. I know af123 has found some issues with the webif priority setting.

I doubt that the Humax was being kept too busy by the Custom Firmware, all CF processes run on a lower priority than the main humaxtv and even before this was in place , it was very unlikely to happen. If it happens again, I would try a direct LAN connection i.e. take out the Homeplugs to see it that makes a difference.
BTW - I guess you meant to say Freeview rather than YouView

Thanks for the response Ezra. It has happened before.

I meant that I disconnected the working ethernet connecton from the adjacent Youview box and tried it in the HDR. Closest I could get to a direct LAN connection. It is via another pair of home plugs, but proved to be working before and after testing in the HDR.

I am locked out of webif again this morning. I left the box copying from one external drive to an other external drive using the Humax remote when I went to bed, but it was off when I got up. The files are still copying, as I expected. Now I can't connect webif or get the custom Internet portal to connect or even load.

Could the priority for the custom firmware be too low?

Doesn't the HDR check for updates around 04:30 each morning? Perhaps it went into standby after the update task finished, killing the connection.

Just a stab in the dark.

I am locked out of webif again this morning. I left the box copying from one external drive to an other external drive using the Humax remote when I went to bed, but it was off when I got up. The files are still copying, as I expected. Now I can't connect webif or get the custom Internet portal to connect or even load.
Could the priority for the custom firmware be too low?
I'm not sure what state your HDR is in but I think it's probable that the files are not still copying, if as you say the unit is off (i.e. in standby and internal hard disk not spinning) the copying will have stopped. Do you have the Menu >> Settings >> System >> Power Management >> Automatic Power down set to on? if so that maybe why it stopped, the CF priority won't be the problem as there is more than enough CPU time to carry out the tasks

The copying task has finished, about when I expected, based on the rate it was working at when I went to bed. There Is a power off timer set for 2:00, which would account for the HDR being off. I think it was still copying in background, so was, I think, just half asleep.

It doesn't explain the webif or Internet connection problems. Strangely Samba access still worked. I have now power cycled, and all is well again.

There is a known problem on the HDR when Menu >> Settings >> Time >> Power On Timer and Power off Timer are not 'paired' i.e. there is an 'Off' time without an 'On' time, this can place the Humax in a Half awake state and should be avoided. See the WiKi 'Why is my Humax Half Awake'

Back