Internet radio

I think the article mirrors what I've been saying for a while. The BBC buggered it up from the Chris Evans era, then screwed up the evening listening. Unfortunately as commercial radio has taken over, we need an ad detector. How about it prpr? Mind you Boom radio/ Light ain't bad from that point of view.

For those interested in radio and now that Humax have pulled the internet version, I've found my investment in a Firestick has been very worthwhile as the Radio Player has more than enough to keep me going. Better quality than FM/DAB in our area and more than compensates for https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/does-radio-2-hate-its-own-listeners/
Yes, but do it do W Jazzowym Klimacie?

I've noticed BBC Sounds support for VRadio is ending soon (if it hasn't already).

Yes, but do it do W Jazzowym Klimacie?

I've noticed BBC Sounds support for VRadio is ending soon (if it hasn't already).
Try TuneIn.
Radio Player is all UK stuff and the BBC have ended support for music on the radio! :frantic::frantic:

TuneIn is available as an app on the fire stick and W Jazzowym Klimacie is supposed to be on TuneIn, so if you're not taking the p, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Most of the time: ClassicFM, but that is now a bitter-sweet experience due to it having been the soundtrack to my time spent with she who died nearly 6 months ago.

For information only.
There appears to be a world version of Radio Player for Android that will play that station.
Can't find it on the Firestick.
Most of the time: ClassicFM, but that is now a bitter-sweet experience due to it having been the soundtrack to my time spent with she who died nearly 6 months ago.
Downloaded the TuneIn app but despite them saying you have access to 10k stations, I couldn't find W Jazzowym Klimacie. No Polish stations came up and searching by genre didn't bring up that jazz station.
Re ClassicFM, as relaxing as it sometimes can be, I now find it too repetitive. Ok though as background.
Boom and Boom Light are currently our favourites.

Downloaded the TuneIn app but despite them saying you have access to 10k stations, I couldn't find W Jazzowym Klimacie. No Polish stations came up and searching by genre didn't bring up that jazz station.
I am listening to it now via the TuneIn app.

It is listed as PR W jazzowym klimacie, is that what you searched for?

Do you have a VPN? I selected a Polish IP address before accessing the station, and was able to find it. After going back to a UK IP address, the station does not appear in my search results any more.

Last edited:
Are you listening via the Firestick? That's where I downloaded the app. I don't think a VPN will have any bearing on that.
My VPN sub expires in a few days but won't renew until I go abroad again.

Are you listening via the Firestick? That's where I downloaded the app. I don't think a VPN will have any bearing on that.
My VPN sub expires in a few days but won't renew until I go abroad again.
I wasn't using a FireStick, but have now downloaded the TuneIn Radio app to a FireStick, and get the same result. Using a Polish IP address, I can receive the station, and am currently listening to it on my TV.

Can't find it on the Firestick.
Certainly found it in the Google Play Store. Seems as though it could be a recent addition and there are some grumblings about it.
Screenshot_2023-03-11-10-19-10-224.jpeg
Edit: Whilst it worked the first time I used it, it now defaults to UK only - so forget it. It's useless and I'm about to remove it!

Last edited:
I wasn't using a FireStick, but have now downloaded the TuneIn Radio app to a FireStick, and get the same result. Using a Polish IP address, I can receive the station, and am currently listening to it on my TV.
As this was an experiment for BH, I'm out!

Back