internet with homeplug

sampolly

i have successfully installed homeplugs and get itv player and bbc iplayer but cannot find how to get the internet can anyone explain how this is done

i have successfully installed homeplugs and get itv player and bbc iplayer but cannot find how to get the internet can anyone explain how this is done
I think ITV Player and BBC iPlayer is all you will get; what else were you expecting?

I think ITV Player and BBC iPlayer is all you will get; what else were you expecting?
being a total technophobe i was told that this device would connect my tv to the internet but apparently not so, all i really need to do is connect my kindle fire to the tv and hey presto! now trying to remember who persuaded me to buy homeplugs

You need to have one of your Homeplugs connected to your router. Then anything connected to your other Homeplugs will connect to the internet via the rtouter

But as the OP has posted in the Foxsat HDR thread, we must assume that he is talking about a Foxsat HDR that he wants to connect. As he appears to have done that and got iPlayer and ITV Player, that's all he will get in the way of catch up TV on the Foxsat. If he was informed otherwise, then the informant was wrong.
I am, however, a little confused as he first said that he wanted to co0nnect his TV to the internet and later said that he wants to connect his Kindle Fire to the TV although I can't see the point of doing this.
Perhaps, Samploy, you can explain exactly what you are trying to achieve and than someone here can probably help you achieve it.

But as the OP has posted in the Foxsat HDR thread, we must assume that he is talking about a Foxsat HDR that he wants to connect. As he appears to have done that and got iPlayer and ITV Player, that's all he will get in the way of catch up TV on the Foxsat. If he was informed otherwise, then the informant was wrong.
I am, however, a little confused as he first said that he wanted to co0nnect his TV to the internet and later said that he wants to connect his Kindle Fire to the TV although I can't see the point of doing this.
Perhaps, Samploy, you can explain exactly what you are trying to achieve and than someone here can probably help you achieve it.

It is a common fault to equate internet and web browser.

In this case, I think the user wants to display his/her Kindle Fire screen on the TV instead, the Fire already being on the internet/web. The Fire has HDMI out.

i have apparently confused everyone including myself so i will try and clarify. Forget all my reference to kindle fire, I was told that if i installed homeplugs using my hummy, i would be able to access the internet (?webbrowser) on my tv via theFoxsat HDR apparently this is not so. but thanks everyone for your interest

i have apparently confused everyone including myself so i will try and clarify. Forget all my reference to kindle fire, I was told that if i installed homeplugs using my hummy, i would be able to access the internet (?webbrowser) on my tv via theFoxsat HDR apparently this is not so. but thanks everyone for your interest

If that is all you want to do, you can purchase HDMI Android sticks quite cheaply. However, not everything works, eg, catch-up services. The usual browsers such as Chrome, Opera, Firefox, work though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=android hdmi

I was told that if i installed homeplugs using my hummy, i would be able to access the internet (?webbrowser) on my tv via theFoxsat HDR apparently this is not so. but thanks everyone for your interest
You can access the Internet, what you were told is correct, but not general access to the World Wide Web (for which you require some kind of computer/tablet, probably with a mouse and keyboard or touch interface which the Foxsat does not have). The Foxsat TV Portal requires Internet access to communicate with the Humax servers which provide the services available (including BBC iPlayer). The Internet is a communications system, not a specific set of services.

Back