Interpreting crash-diag output

This is not a surprise. Use of the portal is virtually guaranteed to crash the machine. At least that is my experience of it.

I hadn’t realised. And a real pity. In that case I’m really fortunate: the Portal on my main HDR-Fox T2 is rock solid: never a problem watching iPlayer on it. That’s perhaps the main reason why I love the box: being able to get iPlayer on it. And record it, too.

Last edited:
The portal not crashing is contingent on the communications link to the relevant server being reliable. The Humax code is not robust, and (I infer) only tested to the extent of making sure it worked in the test environment (ie ideal conditions). Provoke a communications error that "normal" computer software would retry or degrade gracefully, and the Humax code may follow an execution path which was never tested and possibly never written to account for... and crash (or bomb out of the portal).

It can be a very frustrating experience, but I guess you live in an area served by fast and efficient Internet. Meanwhile, the youtube-dl package provides an independent way of pulling down iPlayer content complete with error tolerance and download resume.

s there anything the user can do to steer clear of this? I don’t suppose it would be anything as simplistic as avoiding the installation of one of the optional packages?
:rolling: I wouldn't know. I don't even have the HDR-Fox T2. I was just looking to see if there was anything to support my conjecture that it could be a hardware not a software problem. :D

Back