Intrusive message re network

dandnsmith

Forum Supporter
Just recently I've been gettting flurries of on-screen messages about the HDR-T2 disconnecting from the network. So far, these have always occurred when I have no reason to connect for information (as far as I know), being mainly while playing recordings on the box itself.
Is there any control over the positioning of such messages, as they can be rather intrusive?
I think the cause may be my router, to which it is connected wirelessly, failing (as I have other recent problems), but haven't been able to rule out other causes.

These are nothing to do with the CF, or anything that can be controlled by CF.

However, from your description I don't understand why these messages are coming up. As far as I know, the HDR-FOX does not complain about network connectivity unless you are actively attempting a task which requires connectivity. If it were happening on my machines I would start with a factory reset.

I could only guess that perhaps the playing of recorded programmes or films might get some sort of access to internet to get info.
Since this has only happened since I started getting problems from the router, I don't proprose to do any reset yet - I'm shortly going to reconfigure my local network to replace that router.

I could only guess that perhaps the playing of recorded programmes or films might get some sort of access to internet to get info.
Very unlikely.

Since this has only happened since I started getting problems from the router, I don't proprose to do any reset yet - I'm shortly going to reconfigure my local network to replace that router.
The reset is quick and easy, it will just mean setting up the tuning and schedule again, but those are no problem with custom firmware. I think it's your best bet.

I've run the flush pkg, reset the HDR-T2, reloaded the software, loaded my recordings schedule, and tried to fix some things which I had before which seemed different. Now it reports:
Web interface version: 1.3.0-6
Custom firmware version: 3.10 (build 2734)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.10)
Loader Version: a7.31
System ID: 80bc.7e00
Serial Number: 63 7105223 00476
I had some trouble getting the WiFi connection, but temporary ethernet connection helped to sort that out.
It seemed like there was still a problem which didn't get reported (using the web-if to change the folder for a series recording didn't get actioned properly suggested something wrong), so I ran 'fix-flash-packages' which seemed to do the trick.
Now I'm hoping just to monitor and use the box for a while.
Thanks for the helpful comments - much appreciated.

Eek! I didn't mean a full software reinstall, just the normal restore factory defaults menu option!

I don't think the problem is anything to do with the humax. You have already said your router has problems, I suspect the message comes up because the Humax is trying to contact the rs server and is timing out.

I suspect the message comes up because the Humax is trying to contact the rs server and is timing out.
Don't be ridiculous. Nothing can be done by any installed package to have a direct effect on on-screen output.

Don't be ridiculous. Nothing can be done by any installed package to have a direct effect on on-screen output.

I'm not being ridiculous.

I didn't say it was having a direct effect. It doesn't stop it causing an indirect effect through some funny in the Humax software though because an attempt to send a message across the network times out. I have seen some funny things happen in my time through indirect effects like this.

The symptom is a message about the network. Ergo, fix the router that is known to be causing problems.

Just recently I've been gettting flurries of on-screen messages about the HDR-T2 disconnecting from the network.
What exactly does the message say, and how do you know that they are messages from the HDR-FOX T2 and not a message from the TV?

What exactly does the message say, and how do you know that they are messages from the HDR-FOX T2 and not a message from the TV?
I cannot give an exact quote - just that the network connection has failed or is disconnected.
Cannot be from the TV, as it is just a monitor with no other functionality.

Back