"Invalid Format" connected to new LG OLED TV

I have a new LG OLED65C24LA TV. It's been working fine with the Humax until now. At lunchtime I was prompted to download a software update for the TV, which I did. I then restarted the TV. No problem.
A few hours later my wife was watching live TV through the Humax when the picture went blank and an "Invalid Format" message appeared on the TV. I power cycled the Humax and the problem went away.
Has anyone else had this problem using the T2 with an LG OLED TV?

Unfortunately I don't know, as I wasn't there, and my wife can't remember. But she said that it happened a few times today.
From time to time I used to get a green screen on my old TV when watching the Humax, and needed to reboot it. Maybe the "Invalid Format" message is LG's equivalent of a green screen??

So I guess this might be considered "normal" behaviour?
Certainly not desirable behaviour.

There may be something in the TVs HDMI setting that can fix the problem is but that may be a case of trial and error, you could also try cycling through the Humax's video formats to see if that helps

I have learnt to live with occasional short sound drop outs.

It's an intermittent problem (hasn't happened for 2 days now), so I suspect that changing video formats may not be an appropriate solution.
I also get the sound dropouts. Every time something like this happens I have another look at the Aura reviews.....

I've had this issue using HDR on a Sony TV.
Blank screen with "Invalid format" message on occasions, whilst watching live TV or TV buffer.
Also occasionally get video freeze (stuck on an image) while the sound continues.
On both instances the HDR didn't respond to remote. Had to use the rear switch to power off. Changing TV inputs didn't help.

I've had this issue using HDR on a Sony TV.
Blank screen with "Invalid format" message on occasions, whilst watching live TV or TV buffer.
Also occasionally get video freeze (stuck on an image) while the sound continues.
On both instances the HDR didn't respond to remote. Had to use the rear switch to power off. Changing TV inputs didn't help.
Yes those other symptoms are very familiar (frozen video, sound continuing). I'd say we power cycle the Humax at least 3-4 times a week for that sort of thing.

Yes those other symptoms are very familiar (frozen video, sound continuing). I'd say we power cycle the Humax at least 3-4 times a week for that sort of thing.
I'd like to add, the symptoms I reported on this unit (HDR1) are very occasional - maybe once or twice a month. This unit is usually on all week. I've just restarted this to check what happens during power up. There is a brief split second green screen flash on this unit on start up (HDR1 starts, Humax logo, brief green screen flash, drive spins up, shows live TV channel). I've also had "Invalid format" once/twice when HDR1 was left on pause/still image for few minutes.

I have another unit with permanent green screen issue. Unit HDRgreen was mentioned in
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/inve...een-screen-after-a-few-seconds-problem.10218/. There are other users/threads mentioning the green screen issue.
.......There may be something in the TVs HDMI setting that can fix the problem is but that may be a case of trial and error, you could also try cycling through the Humax's video formats to see if that helps...
Eg some TVs require setting the HDMI input on legacy or HDMI 1.x.
So, on my ancient Sony TV, I get occasional "Invalid format" using HDR1 and permanent green screen using HDRgreen.

Last edited:
Back