Invisible Files over Network

rollsjohn

Some files on the Humax are invisible when viewing over the home network on various devices. There doesn't seem to be a pattern with some files in a series recording folder are visible and some not. The same files are invisible on different devices. I have the latest versions installed on the Humax (CF and Humax system). Any ideas?

Are the files you are trying to see TV programmes that were recorded on the Humax? or are they video files recorded elsewhere and copied onto the Humax ?

Some files on the Humax are invisible when viewing over the home network on various devices. There doesn't seem to be a pattern with some files in a series recording folder are visible and some not. The same files are invisible on different devices. I have the latest versions installed on the Humax (CF and Humax system). Any ideas?
We need a lot more information before coming to any opinion. What mechanism are you using to "view" these files: DLNA / SMB / NFS / FTP ? I take it you mean .ts files recorded on the HDR-FOX? Are the recordings routinely decrypted?

We need a lot more information before coming to any opinion. What mechanism are you using to "view" these files: DLNA / SMB / NFS / FTP ? I take it you mean .ts files recorded on the HDR-FOX? Are the recordings routinely decrypted?
All files recorded by Humax DVB off air (.ts) and routinely decrypted - auto-unprotect installed and recently re-installed in case this was a problem. I'm watching these files both on the connected tv where there's no problem and over DNLA to a New LG tv (wired via homeplug ethernet) and smart phones (over wifi) Where some of the files do not appear as first reported. All affected files are HD. Don't know if it's the same with SD as I tend not to record many programs in SD.

Although this is my first post on here I've used CF from the early days and due to this forum I've never had need to post as I've usually found answers to any problem in the depths of the forum. Thanks for your continuing involvement guys!

All files recorded by Humax DVB off air (.ts) and routinely decrypted - auto-unprotect installed and recently re-installed in case this was a problem. I'm watching these files both on the connected tv where there's no problem and over DNLA to a New LG tv (wired via homeplug ethernet) and smart phones (over wifi) Where some of the files do not appear as first reported. All affected files are HD. Don't know if it's the same with SD as I tend not to record many programs in SD.

Although this is my first post on here I've used CF from the early days and due to this forum I've never had need to post as I've usually found answers to any problem in the depths of the forum. Thanks for your continuing involvement guys!
As above. Using another HDR-FOX or HD-FOX to access the Humax DLNA server seems to be reliable (although new or moved recordings do not appear in the DLNA index immediately). Access to the Humax server from other clients is, well, variable.

The only way to bypass the "DLNA experience" is to use decrypted recordings and FTP or NAS (SMB or NFS) access - if the client has that capability.

Back