Invisible files

kjhskj75

Various programs I have recorded have become invisible to the normal screen interface, even though they are still on the disk, I can see them through telnet/ftp and even the DLNA server, but nothing on the TV.

I have run the fix-disk in the CF, but no joy. (Though it did find more fsck errors than I have ever seen on a system).

Has anyone seen this before or offer any suggestions as to how to get them recognized again ?

When you look via FTP, does each "missing" recording have it's constituent files: .TS, .HMT, .NTS?

When you look via FTP, does each "missing" recording have it's constituent files: .TS, .HMT, .NTS?

Yes.

But I have noticed that, while scanning the hmt files, the "visible" ones refer to "/mnt/hd2/My Video/"
whereas the invisible ones have "/media/sda1/My Video"

Earlier I was fiddling with various packages to get the T2 to talk to other boxes, and something seems to have happened.

Update: The "hmt" program will not read the HMT files, removing these files makes the programs visible on the TV, without thumbnails.

Is there any format description of these files anywhere, so I can recreate them ?

Try renaming one of the files you can't see on the box using FTP without actually changing the name. On a Foxsat-hdr this resets the file path contained in the .hmt file.

I have noticed that, while scanning the hmt files, the "visible" ones refer to "/mnt/hd2/My Video/"
whereas the invisible ones have "/media/sda1/My Video"
The latter would only be correct if it was "/media/My Video". Something very strange seems to have happened.

Update: The "hmt" program will not read the HMT files, removing these files makes the programs visible on the TV, without thumbnails.
These files must have been decrypted, otherwise removing the .HMT would render them useless.

I have never heard of anything like this before. Are you sure it wasn't anything you did?

I have never heard of anything like this before. Are you sure it wasn't anything you did?

Yes, it was.

I was attempting to cross mount the T2 partition on a FOXSAT, using samba and nasmount. I think the Foxsat couldn't understand the HMT files, and overwrote them with some in its own format, which of course the T2 could not recognize. And yes the files had been decrypted.

Anyway deleting the wrong format HMTs means I can now see and play the files, the only loss is the thumbnail and program info. I may try and recover those later.

Thanks for your help.

AV2HDR-T2 will recreate the missing .hmt/.nts files and restore full navigation. You will have to enter your own programme info but the thumbnails will be re-created by the box.

I was attempting to cross mount the T2 partition on a FOXSAT, using samba and nasmount. I think the Foxsat couldn't understand the HMT files, and overwrote them with some in its own format, which of course the T2 could not recognize.
Doh!
AV2HDR-T2 will recreate the missing .hmt/.nts files and restore full navigation. You will have to enter your own programme info but the thumbnails will be re-created by the box.
The WebIF media browser provides an editor to insert whatever info might be required, once you have a recreated .HMT.

No need to edit after. AV2HDR-T2 lets you enter all this information when you create the support files. You can even use your own channel name if you wish "Black Hole TV" for instance :)

Doh!

The WebIF media browser provides an editor to insert whatever info might be required, once you have a recreated .HMT.
I can only see options to rename a recording, or change some of the hmt flags, via the Opt+ menu in the Media Browser. How do you access this editor you speak of ?

No need to edit after. AV2HDR-T2 lets you enter all this information when you create the support files. You can even use your own channel name if you wish "Black Hole TV" for instance :)
Please remember that this will only work for SD recordings. HD recordings contain AAC audio which the AV2HDR-T2 muxer cannot handle. HD recordings would need to have audio streams replaced with AC3.

I can only see options to rename a recording, or change some of the hmt flags, via the Opt+ menu in the Media Browser. How do you access this editor you speak of ?
The Rename option lets you edit some of the other fields such as synopsis and guidance text.

Back