IP address inaccessible

eshjim

It is a good few months since I last accessed my HDR Fox T2 via the custom firmware. Having tried to access it today, the IP address (192.168.1.64 as shown in the menu) is showing as "not available". The HDR is showing on my network map, I can successfully ping the IP address through the Command Prompt, and I can access the TV Portal on the HDR via the remote. File share is on. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Your custom firmware has probably been overwritten by standard firmware (OTA transmission a while back). Does it say anything on the display after "System start" when you boot it up?

Hi prpr, no, just "Ver a7.30" as it has always done. Other info from System Information:

Software Version FHTCP 1.03.12
System ID 80BC.7E00
Update Date 07 FEB 2014
MICOM Version 9.3
Mac Address 00:03:78:B9:2D:29

I meant the orange display on the front of the unit, not what's on the TV screen.
I would (re)install CF 1.03.12 mod 3.00 if I were you, as your firmware shows as having been updated this year.
And if you haven't touched it for months, it's a strong bet you've had it 'upgraded' from custom to standard over the air while you weren't looking...

It is a good few months since I last accessed my HDR Fox T2 via the custom firmware. Having tried to access it today, the IP address (192.168.1.64 as shown in the menu) is showing as "not available". The HDR is showing on my network map, I can successfully ping the IP address through the Command Prompt, and I can access the TV Portal on the HDR via the remote. File share is on. Any advice would be most appreciated.
Preventing External Events from Disturbing the CF (click)

I meant the orange display on the front of the unit, not what's on the TV screen.
I would (re)install CF 1.03.12 mod 3.00 if I were you, as your firmware shows as having been updated this year.
And if you haven't touched it for months, it's a strong bet you've had it 'upgraded' from custom to standard over the air while you weren't looking...

Thanks, prpr. I'll do that. Nothing unusual on display upon boot-up - just System Start then current channel details.

It should say CustFW and a version number in between the other messages, so you are definitely on standard firmware.

It should say CustFW and a version number in between the other messages, so you are definitely on standard firmware.

Thanks for the advice. Reinstalled CF - problem solved! Will now follow the advice re the OTA updates as I didn't realise these overwrote the installation.

Back