ipad connects, but not laptop

wiab4355

I recently changed from using powerline to a wifi dongle and until yesterday everything was peachy. Last night our broadband went down for a bit (this really affects both T2s, don't know why) and this morning I could not connect from my laptop. For no reason, I tried to connect from my Ipad (same ip address as the laptop) and it worked! I'm completely perplexed. I can now program the upstairs T2 and check programmes have been recorded etc, but I need the laptop connection to work because of file transfer with Filezilla. Can anyone help?

Do you have the custom firmware installed?
The first and obvious thing to do is go back to the powerline and see if that method still works.
If not then more thinking is required.
PS you can edit your own posts rather than making lots of separate posts.

Do you have the custom firmware installed?
The first and obvious thing to do is go back to the powerline and see if that method still works.
If not then more thinking is required.
PS you can edit your own posts rather than making lots of separate posts.
I do have CF installed. I'll try to go back to the powerline method, but the transfer speeds were appalling, but better something than nothing.

I do have CF installed.
It would be an advantage if you edited your first post to include that info to clarify the situation, as you have posted in the non-custom firmware section of the forum. Fault finding techniques suggested may depend on knowing this.

EDIT: Unless a nice moderator moves it to the right section for you.:)

Last edited:
It would be an advantage if you edited your first post to include that info to clarify the situation, as you have posted in the non-custom firmware section of the forum. Fault finding techniques suggested may depend on knowing this.

How odd! That's not what it says at the top of my page. It says "HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware" Maybe it's appeared on another page by accident?

Thanks for the advice. Went back to using the powerline; very slow but connected at least. Thanks again.

How odd! That's not what it says at the top of my page. It says "HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware" Maybe it's appeared on another page by accident?
The thread Has been moved to the custom firmware forum.

Back