iPlayer live stream

MontysEvilTwin

I noticed earlier that if you go to the channels tabs on iPlayer, there are now live streams available. Probably most useful if you have a HD-FOX, for example, without an aerial feed.

Heh, it's there on the main website as well. Neat.

(or in other words, hahahaha I'm watching live CBeebies at my work desk and no-one can stop me :p ... well, except for chronic bandwidth shortage making it break up and skip like crazy...)

I've been using that feature on my Android tablet for a year or two now to watch the news every morning while I am getting ready for work. I hadn't noticed you could get it from the Hummy but I guess it makes sense.

I noticed earlier that if you go to the channels tabs on iPlayer, there are now live streams available.
Has anyone found it possible to play the 6 live streams from Glastonbury on the Humax ?, they are live feeds from the 6 larger stages and don't appear to be available Over The Air
The P.C. version has this on the home screen :-

watch-live.png

Last edited:
I've had a good look around, but I can't find a way to get any extra live streams other than the live stream of the standard services.

Has anyone found it possible to play the 6 live streams from Glastonbury on the Humax ?
The live streams for TV are via red button+ and started at 21:00 today, and for up to 5 hours this evening. (Some finish earlier than others.). Tomorrow (Sunday) the TV red button+ streams are scheduled to start at 16:30.

Streaming them using the Humax HDR-FOX T2, Humax HD-FOX T2 or the Humax HDR-1800T/2000T is not possible as these do not have red button+ which the streams for TV require this time. Humax Youview receives the streams OK.

If you have a red button+ tv, receiver or recorder then press the red button while watching a BBC channel, and then you may have to select the 'try our new Red Button+ service' option and wait a few seconds as the additional options take an extra few seconds to display after the normal red button+ options are displayed.

I assume this is a form of IPTV. Are there links to it that we could possibly tap into, via a custom portal?

I have to say I had never heard of 'RedButton +' before, there is some info. HERE, hopefully Humax's new 3 tuner Free Play PVR will have this
It was rebranded at the end of March. It used to be called Connected Red Button.

It is has been rolled out to a large number of TVs and may well be on TVs without the TV user noticing it.

Cheap ways of getting it at the moment is via a Vestel freeview+ HD box (320GB £33, 500GB £40)
B320DTR http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bush-B320...rder-320GB-with-USB-Media-Player/111654057688
B500DTR http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bush-B500...rder-500GB-with-USB-Media-Player/121631622171

Those cheapos are also compatible with the IPTV freeview channels 238 (VuTV), 241 (TVPlayer) and 244 (VisionTV), which if selected on the HDR-2000T/1800T comes up with a not supported message instead. Also after watching an PTV channel on one of these cheapos it does not reboot itself when switched to a normal freeview channel, unlike the HDR-2000T/1800T. No DLNA though.

Back