iPlayer schedule 1 hour out ?

Having just made the leap to 1.03.12 (and thus got iPlayer working again through the TV Portal), I notice that all the programme times on iPlayer are out by 1 hour (so the BBC1 News at Ten is shown at 9 p.m., Question of Sport at 6.30 p.m., etc.)

Does the iPlayer now display in GMT, or is it something I've done wrong ?

More likely a cock-up at the BBC end. All I can think of at the Humax end is to check the time zone setting in the hidden menu - see Things Every... (click) section 9.
The enigmatic "Get Network Time" setting is set to "1 Hour", options are "No Offset" and then hourly granularity from 1 Hour to 12 Hour. No idea whether this refers to Broadcast Network or (W)LAN.
Do other users have a different setting, I wonder ?

I noticed this particular anomaly several times, and again recently when I tried to find a programme for which I knew the Station and Broadcast Time. I was puzzled as to why the wrong programmes were shown for that time ...
I intended to comment, but it slipped my mind.

My router is set to synch with an NTP server. I have the router set for GMT and daylight savings enabled. The strange thing is it too is 1 hour behind. Changing the daylight savings to disabled makes no difference if the time zone is GMT+0.

However on the router if I change the time zone to GMT+1 the time is correct for GMT+1 zones. Also when the router is set for GMT+1 the enable/disable daylight savings actually makes a difference.

Maybe the iPlayer uses similar time sync.

Slightly off topic but who knows maybe the router and iPlayer servers sync with the same clock!

Now the UK is back on GMT, iPlayer on the Humax shows the BBC1 10 o'clock news at 22:00 for Sunday and the subsequent days, and at 21:00 for Saturday and the preceeding days. So a timezone problem, but I don't know whose.

Now the UK is back on GMT, iPlayer on the Humax shows the BBC1 10 o'clock news at 22:00 for Sunday and the subsequent days, and at 21:00 for Saturday and the preceeding days. So a timezone problem, but I don't know whose.

Another oddity: Reminders I set last week for programmes broadcast this week all kicked in an hour late, whereas recordings were OK. I assume that's because reminders don't use the AR signals.

AR wouldn't cope with an hour's error. All non-manual scheduling should update with EPG changes.

Back