iPlayer stopped working?

If a stream of congratulatory messages had arrived on the lines of "Great work with iplhack, that really did the trick", I would have been incentivised to push for the package to be put in the main repo, or equally if someone had been unable to make it work (as "reliably" as the iPlayer app "worked" before) I would have been able to help debug it. The inbox is bare on both fronts.

I suspect the inbox is bare because iPlayer on HDR Fox T2 is so unreliable and slow that people with alternatives are using them. I certainly do, iPlayer on my Sony TV is vastly better.

My other problem is my parents HD Fox T2 in their bedroom. It's a remote playback device for recordings on the HDR Fox T2. But that means it has no local storage (my dad objected to hard disc noise in the bedroom) so can't run custom firmware, so no iplhack possible there.

And the problem is finding one. Given my parents watched iPlayer on their HD Fox T2 about 6 times a year before the certificate issue, I'm inclined to just abandon that capability.
Something like this with a branded (at least) 32GB SD card on January sale (already) in the supermarket and a slot for a WiFi dongle, if the location isn't wired. Also see here for a possible issue.

The problem with UPD reliability appears to be a question of overheating. af123 had long-term success with a metal-bodied UPD.

After a few months of iPlayer not working, I remembered this site and after reading this thread I have just installed iplhack and I was able to use iPlayer through the Humax portal.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

If a stream of congratulatory messages had arrived on the lines of "Great work with iplhack, that really did the trick", I would have been incentivised to push for the package to be put in the main repo, or equally if someone had been unable to make it work (as "reliably" as the iPlayer app "worked" before) I would have been able to help debug it. The inbox is bare on both fronts.
See previous post for an inbox item in support of the former.

Over at MyHumax.org Barry has announced that a beta version of a fix for the iPlayer problem on the HDR-FOX T2 is available on request.

I'm sure I and others who are not subscribers to that forum would be interested to test the fix. In my case I have a sacrificial HD-Fox but not HDR.

Let's hope @af123 is feeling up to it...
Oh well, never mind if he isn't at the moment. Did it myself...

Last edited:
If the firmware update just introduces a new certificate, it should be straightforward enough to back-port that to any modern CF.

There is something about a working iPlayer for the HDR T2 over on myHumax by Barry. Just saying as not personally interested.

Back