iPlayer streamed input file not available via DLNA

HarveyB

Can somebody please tell me whether the mp4 file, created from the iPlayer stream, should be available via DLNA?
I suppose this applies to any mp4 really.

I have just captured the back episodes of Salamander on one HDR fox T2 and wanted to watch it on another but it does not appear to have been picked up by the DLNA server. Is this normal?
I have checked the DLNA. Server status; it is enabled and running.

In Web-If the 'mp4' files don't have the DLNA symbol after them, but I think this is a bug. I can see such files on my Nexus 7 tablet by DLNA using Skifta or Media House apps and then play them with a number of players (MX, BS, VLC etc.). When playing a file in MX player there is no filename but a number is shown, which also suggests that it is streaming from the DLNA server.

I can stream MP4 videos from I-player and YouTube stored on the HDR-Fox T2 to my Android Tablet running the DLNA client MediaHouse

Thanks Monty... and Ezra.
I'll look at it tomorrow, see if it shows up on other devices.
Of course the lack of a DLNA icon is somewhat confusing.

The DLNA icon is displayed when the Humax firmware allocates a DLNA URL to a recorded TS file, it doesn't do this for streamed MP4s or file transferred to the Humax's hard disk

Thanks Ezra. Just checked and it is now available via DLNA.
I thought (I don't know why) that the server updated about every 10 minutes or so, but it seemed to take a lot longer.
Anyway, it's fine now, my mistake!

Back