iPlayer version 3 and new custom portal

Thanks, still in foreign parts but got access to the netbook by asking politely tonight. The update seems to work although there could be issues as they identified. This was still being fixed a day or so ago

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/release289

Windows you do the complete automated update to.... Netbook out of bounds now as fields of tea photographs are inspected.... So its good that people put time into this. I suspect one needs to keep checking dinky pumpkin threads as it settles down and keep doing incremental updates.

I used iPlayer V4 on my HDR Fox T2 last night and it was awful. Slow, the screen kept resizing the graphics and jumping them to the right, just downright painful. I did however find the new Search facility to be faster.

I am also a get_iplayer user, I prefer to use it if I can plan in advance that I want to watch something that I missed the broadcast of. The files it produces play fine once I've FTP'd them onto the HDR Fox T2.

For radio I use the iPlayer plugin on my Logitech Media Server aka. Squeezebox Server. This works better than anything else for radio, including get_iplayer, though it does mean streaming rather than downloading.

I used iPlayer V4 on my HDR Fox T2 last night and it was awful. Slow, the screen kept resizing the graphics and jumping them to the right, just downright painful. I did however find the new Search facility to be faster.
If you have five minutes could you e-mail Humax Customer Support and raise the issue. I did a couple of weeks ago but they would not accept that there is a problem.

You have to be downright patient with the software and if you bang the keys too quick it reboots the box which isn't good when background recording.

On streaming I haven't found anything that works well without glitches on the partners internet setup changing routers and borrowing mine so prefer to download than stream rather than constant listening to the same bit over and over again. Use direct connection rather than WiFi, outing the BT router trying a couple of TalkTalk ones and on my rehomed Linksys one. Streaming has more issues if your internet isn't rock solid. Download was what the old Humax app did with radio. Sure the BBC will be pleased to know that get iPlayer is working fine in Japan :).

Just found the 1st radio show where I have missed episode 1 and wanted to download and listen via iPlayer :(

Any alternative yet to Get_iPlayer?

Just found the 1st radio show where I have missed episode 1 and wanted to download and listen via iPlayer :(

Any alternative yet to Get_iPlayer?

I'd use my SqueezeBox, but that does require you to have the hardware and it is live streaming.

Is iPlayer Radio not suitable for you?

I guess he missed that get iplayer is now fixed. Well iPlayer Radio on an Android is like the previous version of the Humax iPlayer which covered radio it misses out some programmes, Radio Scotland's Travelling Folk for one. These the BBC deem not to be worthy to be made available except via the PC version of their app. Whilst the old Humax iPlayer didn't do regions, the BBC iPlayer radio app doesn't do specific programmes. Even if it did one doesn't want to listen to it on headphones where the BBC has associated its iPlayer radio app deeming that radio is for headphones or low grade PC speakers or you access via third party services with their blessing of programmes and stream quality.

For interest does Squeeze Box find and play said Scottish Folk programme ?.

Is iPlayer Radio not suitable for you?

I like to download and listen to my radio shows away from a PC / Freeview box.

I had missed the Get_iPlayer update, unfortunately the show I want is not on the default version and so I need to install rtmpdump.

I'll wait for the show to be repeated and set an auto task on the Remote Scheduler.

Back