IPTV Channels

Instead of the portal access, have you tried just looking at channel 110 (after maybe a retune if you haven't done one lately)? After a while, on the Hummy, it just kinda drop into place as if it's a data channel. If you do see a screen, it may be worth signing up (but not paying anything after my experience!) For example, France 24 is F-T-V and should work for you if the system's going to work at all.

Yup, it's there, Chris. Works well, from what I've tried so far. I'm still a little apprehensive about signing-up, after reading your exploits! I'm also a little more than surprised that my TV is in the list of supported devices, but Vision isn't included in the portal, called 'Viera Connect', on the TV.

Oh well...

Yup, it's there, Chris. Works well, from what I've tried so far. I'm still a little apprehensive about signing-up, after reading your exploits! I'm also a little more than surprised that my TV is in the list of supported devices, but Vision isn't included in the portal, called 'Viera Connect', on the TV.

Oh well...
You do realise that you'll be talked about in hushed tones now as the forum member who's actually got Vision TV to work (OK not on a Hummy). As Basil Fawlty once said "A satisfied customer Polly - we must have him stuffed"

You do realise that you'll be talked about in hushed tones now as the forum member who's actually got Vision TV to work (OK not on a Hummy). As Basil Fawlty once said "A satisfied customer Polly - we must have him stuffed"
These channels work OK on the DigitalStream boxes, which use similar hardware to the Humax.

Now I understand why I've been told to get stuffed so much lately, it's Vision envy... :)

I have actually got it working on the HDRT2 and it works very well. I must admit that I had no problems whatsoever in getting it to work. I wonder if being with Virgin Media has any bearing on the matter? I'm on the 30mbps service and have the Hummy connected via Ethernet directly to the cable modem/router.

Rapster, sorry to state the obvious, but it can't be as the video streams are not supported yet.
If you're just talking about the text and pictures then, yes they work lol

Rapster, sorry to state the obvious, but it can't be as the video streams are not supported yet.
If you're just talking about the text and pictures then, yes they work lol
I have absolutely no idea what was going on with me on Monday... Of course I wasn't watching it on the HDRT2 Chris, I was watching on the TV (Panny P46GT30B)! LOL
Somehow, I'd got it into my head that I was watching it on the Hummy as I control the TV with the Humax remote and normally just enter channel numbers and press 'OK' to watch a given channel and so, for some strange reason, had got it into my thick skull that I was watching Vision TV on the Hummy!

Jeez, I must've been tired...

Anyhow, Vision is showing the 'Polska Plus' channels free this month so I get a chance to brush up my language skills. I'm watching Olly Murs' new music video on Polish TV as I write.

No, Polish TV isn't more refined than the UK's...*

* Apologies to all Olly Murs fans. :)

If anyone is interested, the quality on Vision TV is sub-SD quality, but perfectly adequate. There are also some teething problems as Vision TV reboots occasionally at their end on some channels. Hellenic TV from Greece is showing and there hasn't been a single drop out for the last 20mins. I still had to change channel though, as it's all Greek to me...

Back