[ir] not doing anything

D

Deleted member 473

It used to but now it does nothing. I click a button, the command registers, I get an IR animation, but nothing happens on the T2. What am I missing?:confused:

The Humax RC and the ir remote have to be set to the same control mode. The default is 1.

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/WebIf_Remote_Controller

Ah, well, I am using a universal remote control so not sure what code it is set to. If I change the code on the web page does that change it on the physical remote too, or are they independent? If I get it wrong, I will need to find the correct original remote, which could be one of three...

No they are independent.

You could try setting the ir mode from 1 through 6 and see which one works. It will save you the trouble of finding the original RC.

You can tell which mode you are using as follows :-
If you have forgotten which mode your original Remote Control is in, holding 0 + OK for 5 Seconds will reveal it on your TV screen
from the 'Customise' section of the link on #2
remote-modes.png

It used to but now it does nothing. I click a button, the command registers, I get an IR animation, but nothing happens on the T2. What am I missing?:confused:

This can happen if the Humax crashed and rebooted shortly after boot up. The custom firmware goes into "safe mode" in case it was the cause of the crash, and disables a number of packages including ir.

The remedy for this is to run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic.

You can tell if you have experienced a crash by checking the web interface diagnostics page for a crash.log file.

Thanks everyone, found the remote and it was Mode 3. Set it up now.

If [ir] is interacting directly with the T2, why is a mode relevant, by the way? Doesn't that only have relevance to IR commands?

ir is injecting codes into the same pathway that the real remote does. If the Humax and the remote have been configured for a different code sub-group, things won't work.

ir is injecting codes into the same pathway that the real remote does. If the Humax and the remote have been configured for a different code sub-group, things won't work.

Ah, thanks. I thought it might be calling the commands on the box directly.

Nothing that clever (not that it isn't clever enough)! Don't forget we have no access to the Humax API (imagine what could be done if we did).

Back