IR2020HD will not format HDD

Gemini Chica

Hi, I have just bought a second hand IR2020HD Humax box and can not record on it, it picks up my HDD and allows me to start formatting it, then it just says processing with the circle spinning round, I have left it for hours but nothing more happens, I have tried redoing it but to no avail. It does not let me select the option to use this HDD as PVR.

I have checked for a software update and it says none available, I have restored it to factory settings, but nothing works.

Thanks in advance.

I guess the disk is foo-barred, which is probably the reason it was going second hand...

Just guessing based on no information and no knowledge and what the OP said. If it's good enough for others, it's good enough for me...

It doesn't have HDD I have to connect an external one which it's picking up and reading fine just won't format. The guys restaurant is closing down and had three he was keeping one and selling two, I saw them all working there and had my choice which one to pick. I will contact him I just thought it might have been something I was doing wrong as it works apart from this. I never used one before so didn't know how else to try resolve it other than ask advice on what to try.

Yes maybe, its Medion 2T so maybe too big, gonna try get a smaller one and see if that makes a difference. I really don't understand how to partition it myself as thats what I have been reading when I search problems.

The Ir2020hd user guide (Link Here) doesn't state the biggest hard disk drive it will format, but other Humax products won't format drives larger than 1TB. So if you can partition your 2TB drive so that the first partition is 1TB or less then there is a chance that the Ir2020 will then 'see' the drive and format it for you. It is likely that the Humax will need to do the formatting of this smaller partition before it will accept it as a usable drive for recording

Thanks for that Ezra, have partitioned it into 2 both slightly less than 1T, but it still picks it up as just one storage, should it appear as two?

We are expecting it to see only the first partition. If it still doesn't format you need to try a smaller drive.

Thanks for that Ezra, have partitioned it into 2 both slightly less than 1T, but it still picks it up as just one storage, should it appear as two?
It wouldn't surprise me if the Humax only sees the first partition, but I'm not sure if you are saying that the Humax sees one 2TB drive or whether the Humax sees one <1TB drive. Have you tried getting the Humax to format the single drive that it sees?

It is still seeing it as one as its should the size as 1.8t, have located a 1T HDD so just moving whats on it off and then will try that one and see if I have any luck. I am not going to format or partition it first on the mac will just try directly with the humax.

Oh I don't know......it shows the new one as there with just under 1T but the option to format is not possible......arghhh..... it is formatted as NTFS so will I change it to FAT32 on the MAC first????

Back