Is automated / scheduled decrypting possible on the HD-FOX T2?

Hatless Carlos

Hi there, I've been using the CFW for a while but as you can probably see this is my first time posting. I have a HD-Fox that I use to record then copy to a NAS box so I can watch them on my HTPCs.

At the moment I can do the whole copying process remotely from my PC using a combination of folders via Samba, the remote control plugin with a macro and a VBSript to telnet and boot the FOX into HDRmode in one click. I find it works quite well but as you can guess it's not the slickest way of doing things, I'm wondering if I'm being foolish and totally missing an easier way of doing this?

Cheers.

See HERE (click) (also available as a link from Section 5 of Things Every...).

Your VBScript approach is new as far as I know, perhaps you would like to share?

Thanks, the VBScript isn't anything special. I'm very much a novice so I've been slowly experimenting.

This is what I use to telnet into the Humax, boot into HDRmode then open up Chrome to the WebIF remote control Plug-in page with one click on the computer.

Code:
<job>
<script language="VBScript">
Option Explicit
On Error Resume Next
Dim WshShell
set WshShell=CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.run "cmd.exe"
WScript.Sleep 1000

'telnet to Humax using IP Adress or Hostname'

WshShell.SendKeys "telnet Humax"
WshShell.SendKeys ("{Enter}")
WScript.Sleep 1000

'Change "0000" to System PIN'

WshShell.SendKeys "0000"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "cli"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "bootHDRmode"
WScript.Sleep 1000

'Opening WebIF to Remote Control Plug-in'

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Return = WshShell.Run("chrome.exe *HumaxIPAddress*/plugin/ir/remote.jim")
WScript.Quit
</script>
</job>

The plan was to run the script using task scheduler so I wanted the IR Macro to run by itself too. This works if I add it after "Return = WshShell.Run("chrome.exe *HumaxIPAddress*/plugin/ir/remote.jim")" but i'm not using it yet because it causes trouble if I accidently run it while i'm recording something.

Code:
wscript.sleep 24000
wshshell.sendkeys "^{ }"
wscript.sleep 600
wshshell.sendkeys "^l"
wscript.sleep 400
wshshell.sendkeys "{TAB}"
wscript.sleep 400
wscript.sleep 400
wscript.sleep 400
wshshell.sendkeys "{ENTER}"
wscript.sleep 4000
wshshell.sendkeys "^w"

Basically what that does is press the space bar to make sure the watching bar is collapsed, highlights the address bar then tabs to the macro button I want to use and presses enter before closing the Chrome tab.

I hope all that makes sense, like I said it's far from elegant and there's probably a much cleaner way of doing it but I'm a total novice (this is literally the only thing I've done and I've only cobbled it together with the help of Google) so be kind :)

Back