Is "decrypt", on the webIF, supposed to work on everything...

wiab4355

... because I use it regularly for recorded radio shows and it works perfectly, but trying to use it on a celebrity episode of Pointless, it has always failed. This is a HiDef show which has had the ENC removed by auto-unprotect.
What I was hoping to do was to decrypt and then transfer it, via Filezilla, to the downstairs T2.

It should work on that. Does the recording have the DLNA indexed icon
dlna.png
against it?
If not:
  • Turn content sharing off and on again in the Humax menus;
  • Try a DLNA database reset via the option in the web interface Diagnostics screen (it will walk you through the process).

OK, just tried it, here's the message

Processing Pointless Celebrities_ Children in____20131115_1714 Moving recording to /media/My Video/_original Pointless Celebrities_ Children in____20131115_1714.hmt Runtime Error: execute.jim:49: mv: can't rename '/media/My Video/Pointless Celebrities_ Children in____20131115_1714.hmt': No such file or directory in procedure 'file' called at file "execute.jim", line 49

I wonder it it is having problems with the 4 spaces in the title after 'Children in', you could try re-naming the recording

EP - just tried renaming the file, "decrypt" is now greyed out and the "Indexed by DLNA server" icon has gone!

You'll now either need to restart the Humax or turn content sharing off and on again. The icon will re-appear.

af123 - just restarted the Humax, DLNA icon still not back and "decrypt" is still greyed out

Will now try turning content sharing off and on again

Depending on how much is on your disk you might have to wait a minute or two for it to finish indexing.

Well, I really am flummoxed now. I turned content sharing off and on again. This appeared to have done the trick because the DLNA icon came back and I even manged to decrypt the file. Or so I thought.
When I tried to FTP the file to the downstairs T2, it appeared to have worked but it only took a few seconds. This is not normal. On checking the downstairs T2, Pointless was nowhere to be found. So back upstairs, opened an Explorer window (ftp:\192 etc), the .ts file for that programme is zero bytes!!

Back