Is it normal to lose series record if one episode is postponed?

Sorry all - I lost track of where the thread for this is:

Anyway - I just thought I'd mention that yesterday we seem to have had quite a bit of trouble:
1. As I mentioned elsewhere - anytime the wind blows our TV is mostly unwatchable so chalk up wildly varying signal quality - and people ringing me up to ask whats wrong with their boxes...

2. I've had a series recording of "Gilmore Girls" chan 30 16:00hrs on test for a while now and yesterday 2 things happened:
a) The recording stopped 16 minutes before the end of the program (I dont use the clever padding mod)
b) The series recording is marked for thurs and friday in the TV guide but the yellow button schedule
list has lost both completely - again
As far as I can tell the program is still due to broadcast thurs and friday as normal.
The 2 PM broadcast of this series seems to have gone "off air" after about 3 episodes though.

3. A series recording of the "Charmed Ones" or whatever its called just didn't bother to record at all.
Thats on Pick channel 11 at 17:00 hrs. The rest of the series seems to be still scheduled

A drive check reveals no issues.

Maybe this "Gilmore" series has some sort of issue but I think this rules out any issue with the box (I wouldn't
have expected the same series on the same channel to repeat the same faults) so I'm telling my little
old lady that channel 5 is run by half wits and leaving it at that I think unless anyone knows different.

Whatever happened to turning the knob on the box in the corner and just watching TV programs?

(new topic moved into the original one)

Scrap AR and use auto-padding by default. It is much easier for non-techies to understand that a recording has failed because a programme was broadcast at the wrong time, than to try to explain that a programme broadcast at the right time has failed to record because of a cock-up by the broadcasters. My No2 HDR is configured for auto-padding specifically to avoid such potential problems.

The WebIF will convert selected reservations to AR if you want/need to (particularly worthwhile when a BBC /ITV programme is a live broadcast or follows a live broadcast).

I've just discovered that the 2 star trek episodes for tommorow are no longer series linked either.
Something is going wrong somewhere. I give up !

I put them back in and 20 minutes later they've gone along with other series recordings.
I suddenly have nothing listed for tommorow.

I Think a full clear down may be called for.
Damn.

Back