Is it possible to display movie artwork when browsing NAS?

mcquaim

Hi folks,

Is there any way to have the humax to display artwork for movie files stored on a NAS or any storage really?

So instead of scrolling down through file names you get to scroll down through covers or artwork for the movies?

A similar thing would be Project Valerie on enigma2 or XBMC has scrapers to pull the artwork..

Cheers,
mcquaim

We have no mechanism to do that. The nearest you could get would be to use Raydon's AV2HDR program to recreate the sidecar files, the .thm file is the thumbnail that gets displayed with the recording list for native recordings.

I'm not even sure AV2HDR produces a .thm, but if it does presumably it would be possible to substitute your own image.

I guess this could be done via a web based media server using the portals web browser. I experimented with using swisscentre on my HD FOX-T2 but ran into resolution issues and mainly time. In theory it would/could be made to work.

This would in theory not do exactly what you wanted, but would allow another way of accessing media files.

This is a very VERY long way from being ready to use/if it would ever work but it is a possible way of doing this.

Thanks lads, nothing fully possible as yet then!

I think it would be a nice addition, if at all possible..

Back