Is it possible to get NTFS-3g Working for External Drive to external Drive Copying?

4ndy

I am trying to archive recordings from an external HDD in Ext3 format to a windows native HDD (NTFS as some files >4gb). I have installed Ex2fsd onto my laptop and that works to a limited extent provided I disable the virus checker.
However copying stops after a few hundred gb, I think because of a cache overload. I then have the option of manually identifying what was successfully copied of guessing and overwrite some of the files.

I have also tried MS Synctoy, which I have used successfully for many years to archive my music. This stops, presumably for the same error as above, but at least can work out where it got to. Or that is my theory, but somehow it is ignoring some files on the ext3 drive.

It would be great if there was some tweak that could be made to the NTFS-3g package to allow on-box copying from one external drive to another - for some reason it sees the attempted copy as a move and does nothing.

I am also open to other suggestions.

You could use WEB-if to decrypt/unencrypt the files on the Humax and then use FTP to pull them directly across the network to your PC.
I personally find this much more efficient and it works!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All the files will be decrypted as they have been copied to an external HDD.

I will try FTP, though I am not too sure of the best way to do this. I have Samba installed, but understand there are issues with maximum size.

It would be great if there was some tweak that could be made to the NTFS-3g package to allow on-box copying from one external drive to another - for some reason it sees the attempted copy as a move and does nothing.
This has been mentioned before. I have not succeeded in copying between external drives, although other people have reported otherwise.

Back