Is it possible to manually set the clock?

Psion444

Over the weekend, recording of Mr Selfridge and Indian Summers topped recording just before the end of the programmes. I can see that the displayed system clock is about 2 minutes ahead of my mobile phone which is of course locked to internet time.
I can't see any way to correct the Humax clock which I thought should be correct from the EPG.

The time should sync when you turn the box on.
Install the ntpclient package to keep it in sync whilst on.

Thanks for the reply. I've checked and ntpclient version 2010-365-4 is installed and I don't think there is a newer version.

@Psion444: Were your recordings manual timer settings or set by clicking the EPG? Do you have auto-padding set or are you operating on Accurate Recording (padding settings = zero)?

My observations of the HDR-FOX system clock are that it automatically corrects if it drifts to 60 seconds different from broadcast time. I wouldn't trust that your mobile phone shows the correct time - mine, for example, has to be set manually and does not update from any phone network time source. Regardless, the recordings made by the HDR-FOX will not have used the internal clock unless you used manual timer setting to set up the recording schedule.

Update: I can't remember whether the internal clock time affects padding recording times or not. A controlled experiment is called for, if I haven't done one already.

Last edited:
I checked both these recordings made via ar on Itvhd and 4plus1hd and they have recorded correctly. I haven't got ntpclient installed.

Thanks everyone for your very helpful advice. Having read everything I suspect the problem was the result of not switching off the Humax at the power switch. I normally go into standby and this would not get it to sync the clock.
I had set the recordings using the EPG and using Accurate Recording. I think all will be OK now.
Again thank you Black Hole, Mihaid and prpr

If you use AR, the clock will have no effect on the recordings. Your recordings terminated "early" simply because the AR flags were transmitted early.

You shouldn't need to turn off the power, the HDR-FOX works perfectly well only going into standby - it's just that the screen saver clock can be as much as a minute out either way.

If you use AR, the clock will have no effect on the recordings. Your recordings terminated "early" simply because the AR flags were transmitted early.
unless there's big differences between different transmitters the ar flags were transmitted correctly as I mentioned before.

Back