Is it possible to move recordings from an 9200T to this?

RobUK

I've just ordered the 1Gb version of the 2000T device to replace my ( now rather fragile) 9200T . Is it possible to get the recordings off the old box and onto the new somehow?

R

I've just ordered the 1Gb version of the 2000T device to replace my ( now rather fragile) 9200T . Is it possible to get the recordings off the old box and onto the new somehow?
Yes. You can either use the USB port on the Humax and Media controller to download (slowly) from the 9200 to a PC or you can open the Humax and connect the drive direct to a PC and use humaxrw. Once on the PC you can either use FTP to get the files on to the HDR hard drive or copy the files to a USB drive and connect that to the HDR.

Thank you!

Is this something I could do in dribs and drabs, i.e. start using the 2000T as a completely empty device and then gradually add the programs from the 9200T as I go, or will I have to get everything moved across before I start using the new one?

Thank you!

Is this something I could do in dribs and drabs, i.e. start using the 2000T as a completely empty device and then gradually add the programs from the 9200T as I go, or will I have to get everything moved across before I start using the new one?
You can do it in dribs and drabs.

I want to transfer recordings from a 9300T to a 2000T, but the only input seems to be through the antenna link. I haven't set up the 2000T yet, but I'm not keen on opening up the cases on either box - I'm not that much of a techy. Any ideas, please ?

What's wrong with the USB port? Or FTP into the Ethernet port??

You will have to open up the 9300, because you will need to hook up its hard drive to a PC and use humaxrw to read it.

Thanks - like I said, I'm no techy. Am I naive in thinking one of those Video capture gubbins, e.g. the Neostar EasyCap USB Video Capture Adaptor - might be any help ?

Thanks - like I said, I'm no techy. Am I naive in thinking one of those Video capture gubbins, e.g. the Neostar EasyCap USB Video Capture Adaptor - might be any help ?
You could use a video capture device to copy the programmes from your 9300 to your PC, albeit very slowly in real time.

I want to transfer recordings from a 9300T to a 2000T.... Any ideas, please ?
What is your main reason for wanting to do this? There may be an alternative way of achieving what you need, without going through a series of hoops.

Thanks for all the advice folks. In answer to Black Hole, post #6, and Martin, post #7, - I take it that connecting the 9300 hard disc to a PC and using humaxrw is faster than real time copyig? In answer to Luke - to save some recordings and dispose of the 9300T.

In answer to Black Hole, post #6, and Martin, post #7, - I take it that connecting the 9300 hard disc to a PC and using humaxrw is faster than real time copyig?
Yes a fair bit quicker but it will still take several hours to copy off the contents of the disk.

I take it that connecting the 9300 hard disc to a PC and using humaxrw is faster than real time copyig?
I can't vouch for humaxrw but it should be very much faster than real time. I don't recommend you use "real time copying", if by that you mean output to SCART and use a video digitiser to capture to PC - it will be a lot of trouble per recording, the recording will be converted to analogue and then back to digital again, you might end up with 16:9 video that will only play back at 4:3, and unless you have a proven video digitiser my experience is that they don't all work as well as they could (or at all).

Reading the disk directly means being able to transfer all your existing recordings as a batch.

Back