is it possible to restart t2 remotely

mihaid

it seems that my t2 has got itself into a fix. i've set reboot via the rs and it keeps trying every 10 min without success. is there anything else that can be done remotely?

also is there a combination of remote buttons which would restart the t2. I can do remote buttons via slingplayer. tried the good old power button but it does not restart it.

When the Humax is hung and not responding to the remote there is nothing that will reset it other than the power switch on the back or the power socket :(

It is the reason some people suggest using a time switch to force a periodic restart of an unattended machine,

it seems that my t2 has got itself into a fix. i've set reboot via the rs and it keeps trying every 10 min without success. is there anything else that can be done remotely?
No. See here for other thoughts on solving this.

When the Humax is hung and not responding to the remote there is nothing that will reset it other than the power switch on the back or the power socket :(

It is the reason some people suggest using a time switch to force a periodic restart of an unattended machine,

i was fearing that answer. i can't believe it. i've only just started a two week holiday and it's gone tits up after a veery long period of working properly. the timed switch seems to be the best solution going forward. the internet sockets prpr found are a lot more expensive for the job and unreliable.

thank goodness my humax foxsat still works.

I have several Belkin WeMo Sockets and use them to control security lights etc. It is very useful as I have linked them to IFTTT (If First This Then That) and configured them to work dusk 'til dawn linked into Yahoo! weather. It means I don't have to keep adjusting them as the days shorten/lengthen etc.

I know that was a bit of waffle, but you can also control via a smartphone app too anywhere you have Internet access

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I really fell sorry for you, particiularly as the Hummys have crashed so early into your holiday.

Not an option for prpr though!

I have several Belkin WeMo Sockets and use them to control security lights etc. It is very useful as I have linked them to IFTTT (If First This Then That) and configured them to work dusk 'til dawn linked into Yahoo! weather. It means I don't have to keep adjusting them as the days shorten/lengthen etc.

Hmmm, might try this myself, currently use timers and it is annoying having to go round them all and change the on/off times every week or so.

I know that was a bit of waffle, but you can also control via a smartphone app too anywhere you have Internet access
So you can't control them with a real computer then? Could you use your own data source rather than something off the web for this IFTTT thing? I don't know anything about it. Can you be more specific about what you've configured?

prpr
AFAIK, the WeMo sockets are controlled via the Belkin WeMo 'cloud'. I don't believe that they can be controlled by a local PC. I.E. Solely on a local network. Although, as I am happy with the Belkin WeMo smartphone app, I haven't looked into the possibility of local PC control.

IFTTT hooks into the WeMo cloud as I understand it. When you initially set up your new WeMo devices, if you want to grant IFTTT access permission, you use the app to generate a code that you then enter that code in your IFTTT account.

IFTTT is a triggering mechanics if you like. Take my setup as an example. In my configuration I have set: IF Sunset THEN turn on WeMo socket X,Y and Z. Then IF Sunrise THEN turn of Socket X,Y and Z.

IFTTT is very flexible, ith many, many IF scenarios. Just as an aside, IFTTT does also have 2 factor authorisation as an added security measure.

From what I understand of your requirements, this system is the absolute opposite of what you wish.

Last edited:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I really fell sorry for you, particiularly as the Hummys have crashed so early into your holiday.

Not an option for prpr though!
it's only the t2 that's crashed and i could have sent someone to do the rocker switch but it crashed with the horrible : the channel is scrambled message. the rs website keeps seeing it. do you think that it's permanently on?

i've got recorded stuff on my foxsat which i can still control. it needed some clearing so this is the perfect occasion.

for the future holidays i'll use the timer switches , they're perfect for this situation.

Back