Is it possible to stream from an external hard drive attached to the HDR-fox-T2?

Tman2012

Hi guys - using the humax as a dlna server im able to stream from it no probs at all the content stored on the t2's internal HDD. However on my iphone using buzz i am not able to browse to the external HDD attached to the T2 it only sees the internal HDD

Is this correct or am i missing a setting?

Thanks

I don't know about your specific client (buzz) but using the customised software af123 has written and via mediatomb, I can stream content from an external usb drive attached to the hummy to windows 7 laptops and HTC (Android) devices so well that my children don't need to move at all now. Except to eat. There is a lot of info on this site on how to do this - spend a little time to see what's best for you. Good luck.

Hi guys - using the humax as a dlna server im able to stream from it no probs at all the content stored on the t2's internal HDD. However on my iphone using buzz i am not able to browse to the external HDD attached to the T2 it only sees the internal HDD

Is this correct or am i missing a setting?

Thanks
It's correct. The standard utilities are restricted in their scope - FTP and DLNA can only access specific directories on the internal drive. The mod versions have no such restrictions, but other wrinkles.

Back